All Things HMC after 6/20/14 (part 2)

marshhawk

Wrigley80 (or anyone else who has been there recently) - would love to know your take on the different cabana choices and pros and cons of the different ones. I know we don't want the lower numbers (1-6 or 7), but not sure how far down the beach to pick for both privacy and convenience.

Well I will be there in 3 1/2 weeks. I will be taking a lot of pictures and doing a photo review when I return so maybe that'll help to answer your question better.

The last time we were in HMC was in 2012 and we had cabana #10 and it was nice but that was before the new villas were built

Wrigley80 (or anyone else who has been there recently) - would love to know your take on the different cabana choices and pros and cons of the different ones. I know we don't want the lower numbers (1-6 or 7), but not sure how far down the beach to pick for both privacy and convenience.

If you want privacy, you go further down the beach.

Well I will be there in 3 1/2 weeks. I will be taking a lot of pictures and doing a photo review when I return so maybe that'll help to answer your question better.

The last time we were in HMC was in 2012 and we had cabana #10 and it was nice but that was before the new villas were built

Thank you. I look forward to your review. Happy cruising!

Is it worth a rental for just two people? We have no excursions planned for the other ports so thought I might splurge for HMC. I rented one but not sure if I want to cancel. We were there in January and it was COLD. So booked another trip for April! :D

I booked a cabana for our February cruise, but THIS is what I was afraid of...it being cold. I know how cold Florida can be in February and I wondered if I was wasting my money for a shaded area I won't need :( I booked it because it will be my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. I guess I'll find out lol

I booked a cabana for our February cruise, but THIS is what I was afraid of...it being cold. I know how cold Florida can be in February and I wondered if I was wasting my money for a shaded area I won't need :( I booked it because it will be my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. I guess I'll find out lol

I would have been ticked if we had rented one. It would have been a waste of $230. Unfortunately there is just no way to know.

My dad isn't one who will stay at the Beach all day in Half Moon Cay. I was looking at shore excursions today and saw an Island Tram Tour excursion that is only an hour in length. It is $19.99 per person. It looks like a fun tour that would allow ya to see the whole island.

Has anyone done this tour????

Anybody know where the Post Office is in Half Moon Cay??? I would like to get my passport stamped if possible when I am there in 2 1/2 weeks

It's located inside the mall area along with all the other shops. However, it is rarely open. Keep your fingers crossed, you may be one of the lucky ones.

It's located inside the mall area along with all the other shops. However, it is rarely open. Keep your fingers crossed, you may be one of the lucky ones.

Ah crap well yeah hopefully it'll be open when we are in port

Ah crap well yeah hopefully it'll be open when we are in port

It doesn't seem to have any set hours. It opens when/if the Bahamians feel like opening it.

Edited by Typhoon1

Has anyone done a massage on the island lately? Any idea on cost?

Thanks!

Costs on HMC are the same as offered by the spa on the ship. If you're interested, call the spa on the ship and make a reservation for HMC.

Has anyone done a massage on the island lately? Any idea on cost?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HMC Beach Massages about a year ago were $69 for a 25 minute massage or $99 for a 50 minute massage on the beach. I'm not sure if those prices are still the same or not. I haven't had one so I can't speak from experience, so I'm not sure if you need to sign up in the spa for your beach massage, but I can't imagine that they would turn you away while on HMC if there was an open slot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were at HMC for the 9th time last year and will be there in less than 2 months. I was concerned when I saw the villas being built right next door to our favorite cabana # 9. I was concerned that it could hamper my view and that it could become a little noisy if people allowed more than they were supposed to. I was pleasantly surprised when I came back the next year and my view was not hampered much. I was however right about the problem of overcrowding. They crammed around 30 people in and around the villa next to us. They simply came to the front of our cabana and took all the loungers that were there and took the loungers by #10 and took them back in front of their villa. I know that the chairs in the front of the cabanas are not just for that cabana but geesh when they took them all we had none to sit in closer to the beach. The guys that stocked the villas and cabanas came by and frowned but did nothing (really what could they do-they were outnumbered). Did it ruin our day no way we love HMC, but wish that they would have made a villa section for the villas by themselves.

We will probably still select 9 but possibly 10 as they are close to the bathroom and the trolley stop.

What is the trolley on HMC? We were there 5/2013 and never saw one. We will be at a cabana again in two weeks.

It is essentially a pickup truck with bench seats attached to the back. It runs from the reception area on the path behind the cabanas to shuttle people to furthest cabanas if they don't want to walk it.

• 2 weeks later...
We rented a Villa for out upcoming cruise in October. I was wondering where the best location is. We would like closer to the bars but I don't want crowds of people. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a map that shows the villa locations. C would probably be a good location for what you want.

cabanas2.jpg

We got in on a last minute booking for our cruise and would have really liked a cabana but they were sold out. Spoke to our PVP who was able to email the ships shore excursion team to put me on the wait list. Has anyone had any luck with a waiting list for a cabana? I mean do they save any for the people who are boarding to get one?

We have an elderly and handicap person in our group and the shade and chairs would really make the day better.

We got in on a last minute booking for our cruise and would have really liked a cabana but they were sold out. Spoke to our PVP who was able to email the ships shore excursion team to put me on the wait list. Has anyone had any luck with a waiting list for a cabana? I mean do they save any for the people who are boarding to get one?

That's strange. It was reported here, that CCL does not waitlist for its cabanas.

That's strange. It was reported here, that CCL does not waitlist for its cabanas.

As far as I know, you can be put on a waitlist once you board. I did this twice on last minute cruises, where the cabanas were already sold out, and both times I was able to get one. I'm hoping that lightning will strike a third time on my Fascination cruise, leaving on Saturday.

I'll be on the fascination on Saturday! I have a cabana. You can't have it :) a redhead has to have a cabana!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does a bald head!!! :D See you Saturday.

Edited by Jamman54