Help a Nearly-Newbie Out!

rdsqrl

Hi, all. I have some questions in advance of my QM2 crossing next month. While I'm not a total newbie to Cunard, this is only my second time sailing -- and the previous time was many years ago. Although it was a fantastic crossing aboard the QE2. I've waited too long to do it again, but better late than never, right? Anyway, if you can help with the following, I'd be much obliged.

1. Attire for daytime? On other lines, I'd wear casual capris (denim or cotton) or shorts, cotton tops and flip-flops or ultra-casual sandals (like Jack Rogers). But is the expectation aboard QM2 more along the lines of "dress" pants, skirts, or dresses? Again, I'm only asking about daytime; night I've got covered (as my gentleman friend says, I'm one of the only women he knows who can pack for seven formal nights without having to go shopping. Not that I didn't go shopping yesterday anyway. But I digress . . . )

2. Place to get mochas? I know there's no Starbucks onboard -- I'll try to control my addiction for the 7 days! But hopefully there is a place to get similar drinks.

3. Fitness center busy times?

4. Laundry rooms: how much to wash/dry -- it was free on the QE2, if I recall correctly. Is that still the case? Is detergent available there for purchase, by tokens or by coins?

5. Power outlets in stateroom: American or other? Must keep the Kindle fully charged at all times!

6. I booked a guaranty. Are guaranties assigned at any time from now to sailing or are they more likely to be assigned upon embarkation? The reason I ask is that I thought I remember some reference to guaranty assignments only being revealed at the pier upon check-in. I'm cool either way; not impatient at all. Just want to know the drill.

Thanks for your help! Reading back over the past few pages on this board has gotten me even more excited. It'll be nice to branch out from Princess (but, shhhhhh, don't tell any of the regulars over on the Princess board I said so!).

I can only answer a couple of your questions.

The daytime attire is fine. I wear exactly the same onboard.

Staterooms have North American and British outlets.

The laundries are free and provide washing powder but no dryer sheets.

Mochas are available in the Godiva place in the old Sir Samuels. And very nice they are too, though very sweet!

Sockets are both US and UK.

Cabin numbers can be assigned at any stage up until check-in, but often about 7-10 days before departure. Keep checking.

Depending on the time of year, you might want to think about taking longer trousers and better shoes just in case the weather is not kind to you.

Coffee is also available in the old winter garden, next to Kings Court on deck 7.

There's one UK outlet at the desk and four US outlets, two at the desk and two behind where the teakettle sits.

Last year we received out gty room assignment a few weeks before sailing. Not as late as embarkation day but not as soon as I had hoped. The assigned room was in the exact category I had booked.