Website and Contacts Information (MERGED)

Mr. Shanks

I would like to know why the Cunard web site is so user unfriendly. Princess, a sister Carnival line, is very user friendly. You log into the Princess site with your user name and password and everything is available You only have to enter your identity once.

Your web site is the opposite. When searching for a cruise you have to enter your world club number, your full name and the same for your spouse before you start the search then before you get a price you have to enter both birthdays. That might be alright, if you only had to do it once. However, if you need to search an alternative voyage you have to enter it all again every time you search a voyage. Three or four web site versions ago Cunard did it the Princess way but no longer. It is so frustrating to use that it discourages looking for cruises.

Thank you Mr. Shanks for your participation in this forum. Please can you shed any light on why the Cunard.com web site was released with so many technical issues, spelling/grammatical mistakes, and broken links? I lost a great deal of faith in Cunard as a result. As a frequent cruiser with Cunard, I was in the habit of checking the web site almost daily for fares, voyages and general information. I am hesitant to even bother any more, as it became far too frustrating to devote any time to this sloppy and error-filled site. Without any exaggeration, the Cunard.com web site became one of the worst travel-related web sites on the planet. Can you provide Cunard customers with your commitment to address the remaining issues associated with the web site? Thank you.

I JUST SPOKE TO ONE OF OUR REPRESENTATIVE IN THE Sydney OFFICE & HAVE TO SAY THAT i FOUND HER TO BE VERY PATRONIZING & TALKING TO ME LIKE i WAS A 5 YEAR OLD CHILD, i FEEL THAT WHEN IN CUSTOMER SERVICE A LITTLE CAN GO ALONG WAY,BUT WHEN U TREAT SOME ONE LIKE A CHILD IT IS MOST AGGRAVATING & LEAVES A VERY BAD FEELING RE Cunard. aS i BOOKED DIRECT WITH CUNARD i DID EXPECT A BIT BETTER SERVICE, NEXT TIME i WILL GO WITH A TRAVEL AGENT, THEY ARE MUSH MORE AGREEABLE

Two linked questions for the price of one here.

[COLOR=black]Firstly, there has been a lot of debate and complaint about the new website. The old one was a triumph of style over content, but at least it was reasonably usable. The new version doesn't even aspire to be as good as the old, unsatisfactory version. Clunky navigation, no detailed T's & C's visible for online bookings and it falls over more often than a toddler learning to walk.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Can we have the old one back please, or maybe something even better?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Secondly, why is the only contact number online a UK 0843 line. This will cost 3-13p a minute from a landline and up to 43p a minute from a mobile, with no option to get it from pacakged minutes. It's a strange way to treat people who are calling to book an expensive product.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Can we have some geographic phone numbers please?[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
We are making a lot of changes to our website - based on what our guests have asked us for and on research. Whilst we had some technical challenges last month - we are in a stable position now and you will continue to see enhancemets through the coming months. I am sorry if you experienced a challenge. On this string is a note about service in our Sydney office - that is very unusual and I am sorry about that. a down there in a couple of weeks so will discuss it with the team then. Peter

Mr Shanks

Thank you for your partial replay. You did not explain why your site requires a customer to repeatedly input the loyalty number, name and birth date for each potential passenger even when checking availability or fares for different segments of the same voyage and other voyages in the same session.

[quote name='Peter Shanks']That is one of the areas we need to and will improve for you. Peter[/quote]

Mr. Shanks:

Thank you for the above answer. The inputting of booking number, name and birth date -plus having to agree to the terms- every time when accessing the site is time consuming and aggravating. Simply inputting one's sign in and password should acess the information needed.

Looking forward to the improvement in this area.

Thank you.

I have had reason to contact the Australian office and can only express our complete satisfaction to the assistance given us. Cudos to them. Regarding the web-site, a few teething problems which I'm sure are being worked out. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

Archived