Air2Sea questions

stevekc

Wondering from people who've used the program from royal how their overall experience has been?

Have you had to pay the fee $15.00 domestic or $25.00 international, or able to get that waived if you are a member of the Crown & Anchor program?

Have you received mileage credit from the providing airline? Assuming you are a member of their frequent flyer club.

Have you had troubles selecting and actually receiving the seats you selected?

Any experience with missed or delayed connections?

Thanks in advance !

Steve

We've used Air2Sea a couple of times flying from Canada to FLL. Paid the fees. Received Aeroplan points from Air Canada. Seat selection was exactly the same as if we were booking directly with Air Canada. We had direct flights so no issues with connections.

We flew on the same flights using A2S as when we booked with AC. Only difference was we paid less with A2S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have used the Air 2 Sea formally known as Choice Air, twice and it is especially good for International flights. The only time we paid for our seats was on Qantas, yet purchased our flights recently to Copenhagen on Iceland Air and didn't have to pay for seats. I was immediately taken to the page to select our seats upon booking. have not used Mileage with them. I check the fares offered by the airlines either from the airline web sites themselves or online sites like Expedia and compare fares and schedules. I feel the cruise lines can offer a lower fare because they know they can guarantee the airlines a full plane.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Wondering from people who've used the program from royal how their overall experience has been?

Have you had to pay the fee $15.00 domestic or $25.00 international, or able to get that waived if you are a member of the Crown & Anchor program?

Have you received mileage credit from the providing airline? Assuming you are a member of their frequent flyer club.

Have you had troubles selecting and actually receiving the seats you selected?

Any experience with missed or delayed connections?

Thanks in advance !

Steve

The fees cannot be waived for being a C&A member.

We have received mileage credit for our flights with Air2Sea, but that is not guaranteed. You have no control over the rules associated with the tickets purchased by Air2Sea, so it's possible they may purchase tickets that get no mileage credit.

I feel the cruise lines can offer a lower fare because they know they can guarantee the airlines a full plane.

It's more about the general volume of tickets they contract for, as opposed to guaranteeing that any particular flight/plane is full.

As for seat selection and mileage credit, it will depend. If the ticket Air2Sea sells you is a fare class for which the airline offers full mileage credit and/or advance seat selection, you'll get those. But airlines often have some cheapo ticket classes for which you don't get one or the other or both. If Air2Sea sells you one of those, you're out of luck. A Delta "E" fare for instance, is their basic economy ticket. You can't choose your seat ahead of time and you can't change your ticket, even for a fee.

Have used Air2Sea a total of three times.

Seat choice and mileage credit were never issues.

We think the $15 fee is worth paying especially during the winter months where air travel has the potential of being disrupted due to weather. (RCL is on the hook should you not make it to the ship on time and as scheduled.)

One time, we received 110% of the difference between Air2Sea's price and lower priced airfare found directly with the airline. The difference came in the form of onboard credit.

Air2Sea is worth it for one-way international fares as they are almost always priced significantly lower than if booking direct with the airline.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I just booked my airfare for our upcoming trip through Air2Sea! We are going on Freedom of the Seas in July 2017 for a 7 Night Western Mediterranean and found that booking was pretty easy to do. They have especially great fairs for one way travel. I was looking at a one-way fare from Paris to Boston and end up booking it for $634 through Air2Sea through AirFrance. On the actual AirFrance website, the same flight was over $2800! I then noticed today that the price from Boston to Barcelona (where the cruise leaves from) that the price was just under $300 for that leg of the trip, one-way. That same flight on the American Airlines website was just over $2500 for one-way travel. I was not able to book that second one-way airfare online, so I called their toll-free number, and they were able to book everything for me. I received confirmation numbers and was able to go online and pick our seats too through our now linked airline reservations. Unlike what other people have said, I spoke to some very courteous and helpful people at Air2Sea. My son needed a round-trip ticket from Connecticut to Barcelona so I ended up booking that too through them. The return trip is not a good price right now and the round trip was more than I wanted to pay, but prices seem to change every couple of days, so keep checking their website. I will book my son's return flight when the prices drop. You can't beat their prices for one-way travel!

I just booked with them. Needed multi city from Los Angeles to Dubai and then from Venice to Los Angeles. I called their toll free number and they were able to give me direct flight to Dubai that was not even listed anywhere with return flight thru Paris, conveniently scheduled. The price was reasonable. I tried to book seats with airline, but they asked for payment. I didn't do it yet, but will probably have to. Overall I am pleased with the program so far.

I booked with them for my one way LAX to FCO for my transatlantic cruise. No problems. Even with their fee, it was much cheaper than any other site. Since it was a US carrier, I was able to book my seats on the carriers website.

I have found they have great prices overseas but not so much within the US. I purchased my return on Southwest's website as it was better than they could do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I flew using Air2Sea 3 weeks ago. The price was the same as I'd found on Kayak. It was United code share w/ Lufthansa SFO - FRA - VCE and back. The outgoing San Francisco to Frankfurt flight was a United plane & I got FF points for that flight and chose my seat. The short Frankfurt -Venice leg and the Venice - Frankfurt & Frankfurt - San Fransisco flights back were Lufthansa planes and I did not get United miles for those and I wasn't able to pick my seats until 23 hours before the flights. Also, unlike normal Lufthansa flights I couldn't even pay extra to pick my seat ahead of time. It all worked out, the hotel had good wifi to log in and grab my seats and I got decent seats, but a hassle nevertheless. Packed plane coming home, too, maybe because the Lufthansa pilots went on strike the next day. If I'd just flown out one day later I could have been stuck in Venice for an extra 3 or 4 days - darn:cool:

Edited by sndral

• 5 months later...
Is the service fee $25 for round trip, multi destination, and one way?If I have an Amex Delta Airlines Card with free baggage check do I receive that benefit?

Thanks

The $25 fee is for each booking, so if you book a round trip in one booking, it's one $25 fee. You get your normal baggage perks.