Pictures??? Outside Person OR Carnival's

Shatima

Hello My Bride Sisters :0)

1.I want to know Which Company/Who took Your Wedding Pix??(Did U use Carnival or Someone else??)

2. What did U get with Ur package?

3. If you used another Person "Family Member" or U hired a Vendor to come on board with you, DID CARNIVAL give u alot of Drama???????

4. They say no Special Equiment if u do bring someone with you. Where they tough on that???

5. MAybe a ball park # of how much U spent on Ur package???

Help please, Not sure if I should book Carninval or use my Pro Cousin????

Thanks SO much Ladies

Carnival will not allow you to bring a professional photographer in place of their own; you have to use theirs.

Lots of discussion about Carnival photographers and price in this thread, which currently is right below yours:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1713864

Thanks soooooo much.. I know I read some where, where a couple of Brides Didnt use CArnival and they brought there own person, (just no equiment) and it worked out.. But im gonna read that thread now U just sent,... :p

Hello My Bride Sisters :0)

1.I want to know Which Company/Who took Your Wedding Pix??(Did U use Carnival or Someone else??)

2. What did U get with Ur package?

3. If you used another Person "Family Member" or U hired a Vendor to come on board with you, DID CARNIVAL give u alot of Drama???????

4. They say no Special Equiment if u do bring someone with you. Where they tough on that???

5. MAybe a ball park # of how much U spent on Ur package???

Help please, Not sure if I should book Carninval or use my Pro Cousin????

Thanks SO much Ladies

Carnivals photographer had a battery powered light with him in addition to a special lens. While my family also had really nice cameras, their pic were noticeably darker without the flash he had. There was one bride who brought on her own photographer, but I think her wedding was in port. Big difference.

If you are taking a tour, maybe bring your pro cousin with you to see the venues. Then s/he can test their equipment to see what quality images they get w/o special equipment.

Carnivals photographer had a battery powered light with him in addition to a special lens. While my family also had really nice cameras, their pic were noticeably darker without the flash he had. There was one bride who brought on her own photographer, but I think her wedding was in port. Big difference.

If you are taking a tour, maybe bring your pro cousin with you to see the venues. Then s/he can test their equipment to see what quality images they get w/o special equipment.

Awww thanks I wont be able to do my own tour (someone else is doing it) but that is really great advice :).. Maybe I can work something out.. ANd your rigth its a big difference :)

Hey Girl!!!

You know I have to chime in here.

So Carnival corporate has a lot of "we don't allow " rules. From my experience this is just to set the standard expectation and legal guidelines for guests.

Myself and another bride who got married on the Magic this summer both used the same outside photographer.

He came with equipment that he had setup throughout each venue we used. Including the cruise terminal.

It was clear that he was a professional but when anyone asked, we all said he was a family friend.

I got a call from the carnival photographer about 20 minutes before the wedding started and I told her I had my own. She said I would have to complete some paper work but I never did.

Price wise, I spent about the same on my photographer that I would have with Carnival, getting the biggest package. But I also got wayyy more photos. I got the men getting dressed, my dress, me getting dressed, guests, both formal nights and an excursion.

Other "no we can't do that " I got included 75 non sailing guests

Cling dance floor decal

100 ft aisle runner

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Boo....... I knew that I had read in some Reviews that people DID bring in a "Family Friend" to take their pix,and that Carnival says alot of NO's but it still worked out :) Thanks for that answer WDrake :) U rock :D

Hey Girl!!!

You know I have to chime in here.

So Carnival corporate has a lot of "we don't allow " rules. From my experience this is just to set the standard expectation and legal guidelines for guests.

Myself and another bride who got married on the Magic this summer both used the same outside photographer.

He came with equipment that he had setup throughout each venue we used. Including the cruise terminal.

It was clear that he was a professional but when anyone asked, we all said he was a family friend.

I got a call from the carnival photographer about 20 minutes before the wedding started and I told her I had my own. She said I would have to complete some paper work but I never did.

Price wise, I spent about the same on my photographer that I would have with Carnival, getting the biggest package. But I also got wayyy more photos. I got the men getting dressed, my dress, me getting dressed, guests, both formal nights and an excursion.

Other "no we can't do that " I got included 75 non sailing guests

Cling dance floor decal

100 ft aisle runner

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

my wedding is with Norwegian and we're also not allowed to use "outside vendors" but we're doing the "oh, he's a family friend" thing and they can kiss my _____ if they argue with me. :D :D :D

lololololol That was sooo cute.. I here ya....

Archived