Cruising with a baby

jojo670

I don't recommend the diapers and wipes as they are more then twice the price buying precruise. $5 for 12 wipes was on my online check in

Check the family boards and you'll see this question comes up a lot. Every parent that takes a baby on a cruise, we all thought we are the first ones ;0p

Having taken twins at 9 months, 12 months,18 months and 2.5 (their age now) it is easier then you think. They usually slept through dinner and were content to lay anywhere and sleep. Once they start walking it becomes difficult.

As for car seats,you really need them in the states but not in the Caribbean . Ports didn't require them and lugging them around would be a nightmare. I took mine up to a year it only used them in the states to get to and from the port/airport. Storage is also problem. My back can't handle lugging a baby all day in a carrier so I take the stroller. A cheap umbrella type is all you need. If you have more space you can take a larger one.

Try diapers .com and order diapers, wipes,baby food and a baby tub to your precruise hotel. I did this every stateside trip and it worked great. Way cheaper then the cruise line.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I don't recommend the diapers and wipes as they are more then twice the price buying precruise. $5 for 12 wipes was on my online check in

Check the family boards and you'll see this question comes up a lot. Every parent that takes a baby on a cruise, we all thought we are the first ones ;0p

Having taken twins at 9 months, 12 months,18 months and 2.5 (their age now) it is easier then you think. They usually slept through dinner and were content to lay anywhere and sleep. Once they start walking it becomes difficult.

As for car seats,you really need them in the states but not in the Caribbean . Ports didn't require them and lugging them around would be a nightmare. I took mine up to a year it only used them in the states to get to and from the port/airport. Storage is also problem. My back can't handle lugging a baby all day in a carrier so I take the stroller. A cheap umbrella type is all you need. If you have more space you can take a larger one.

Try diapers .com and order diapers, wipes,baby food and a baby tub to your precruise hotel. I did this every stateside trip and it worked great. Way cheaper then the cruise line.

Thank you SO MUCH for all of this. I'm taking my daughter (she'll be 14 months at the time) in March for her first cruise and I've been stressing out a lot. I've done a ton of cruises before, but never with a toddler!

With a toddler my biggest tip is go with their schedule. If they are hungry feed them. Tired, give them a nap or put them to bed. Mine could always nap in a stroller, but my nephew would not so my sister always had to go back to the room to give him a nap.

Something else I found useful was schedule in play time before dinner. We always did the dinning room but we usually took them to play/ walk around first. Also movies and toys at dinner to distract them. This doesn't last long with the babies as they want to look around, but usually you just have to hold the babies and eat one handed.

Just back from cruising with 10 month old. We took wipes with us because we have a million and they don't take up much space. Stopped at a kmart by our hotel near the port to get diapers and some baby food the night before. DS took 1 nap in the ergo, but otherwise would only sleep in the pack n play. I wish he would nap in his stroller!! We took our car seat and used it between airport, hotel and embarkation port, but not in the ports we stopped at. I would not take DS in a car/van without one, but we chose to do things that were either just walking or were on a bus or boat so it was not a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk