Size of mini suite BALCONY on Sun?

mafig

I've seen some pictures of the balcony on the Sun mini suites. These are the minis forward. The balcony looks pretty small to me ~ holding only two chairs and a small table. Is this correct? Anyone know the size?

How does the size of the mini (forward) balcony compare to the Aft BA balcony ... size wise?

And then, could someone please tell me the size of the Aft Mini balcony ?

:)

I was in one of the forward mini suites last week on the Star. I'm not sure of the exact size, but it definitely is bigger than a normal balcony. There were 3 of us in our room, so we brought out a 3rd chair (one of the desk chairs). There was plenty of room for all of us out there.

I was in a mini on the Sun, forward. The balcony was fine, seemed roomy to me. However, I understand that the aft facing mini suites have a larger balcony. My favorite thing about the Sun mini suite is the bathroom! Much nicer than the other NCL minis.

I was in a Sun aft balcony and fellow CCers were next door in one of the minis. The balcony is huge. I suspect close to twice as wide as the forward ones and deeper. I think the aft balcony and the forward minis are about the same size. If you can live without the much nicer mini bathrooms, you might want to check out the bow balconies. In addition to a much larger balcony, the room itself is much larger too.

We had a mid-ship balcony on the Sun (wanted mid-ship rather than an aft mini-suite because we had heard the Baltic was choppy). Anyway, our Sun balcony room was the same size as the mini-suite on the Dawn. It was big. Balcony had room for 3-4 people (two friends were on this cruise), but it was a squeeze.

I've seen some pictures of the balcony on the Sun mini suites. These are the minis forward. The balcony looks pretty small to me ~ holding only two chairs and a small table. Is this correct? Anyone know the size?

How does the size of the mini (forward) balcony compare to the Aft BA balcony ... size wise?

And then, could someone please tell me the size of the Aft Mini balcony ?

I have been on the Sun 3 times. the Aft mini-suite balconies are bigger and can hold 2 lounge shairs and 2 chairs comfortably. The port and starboard mini-suite balconies are a bit smaller and have two chairs and a table the following pictures are of mini-suite 1210 which is on the Starboard side.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/Doughboy139/NCL%20Sun%20Mini-Suite%201210/DSC01056.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/Doughboy139/NCL%20Sun%20Mini-Suite%201210/Copenhagen007.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/Doughboy139/NCL%20Sun%20Mini-Suite%201210/Copenhagen008.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/Doughboy139/NCL%20Sun%20Mini-Suite%201210/DSC01045.jpg

Thanks everyone. Useful information for me.

I'll check out the forward balconies. And the aft minis.

The side minis look smaller than I really prefer because I like to put my feet up on something.

Thanks again!:)

I was in a Sun aft balcony and fellow CCers were next door in one of the minis. The balcony is huge. I suspect close to twice as wide as the forward ones and deeper. I think the aft balcony and the forward minis are about the same size. If you can live without the much nicer mini bathrooms, you might want to check out the bow balconies. In addition to a much larger balcony, the room itself is much larger too.

I don't know what you mean by bow balconies? What category are they?

Suites? That's all I see forward?

Thanks everyone. Useful information for me.

I'll check out the forward balconies. And the aft minis.

The side minis look smaller than I really prefer because I like to put my feet up on something.

Thanks again!:)

We had 3 in a regular balcony room 8060 and the steward put a 3rd chair out there for us. I just used the side table as a leg rest it worked fine.

We were in an aft mini on the Sun on 10. The balcony was quite large, I'd say about 2-3 times bigger than that shown in the links above. We had a lounger and a chair and a table and plenty of room still to walk around.

The aft mini is what I would prefer. However, it's $550 per person more than the side mini. That's why I'm trying to talk myself into the side mini. :o

As I said before, I do like a largish balcony.....especially for this itinerary.....it's 11 days with 5 of them at sea.

The aft mini is what I would prefer. However, it's $550 per person more than the side mini. That's why I'm trying to talk myself into the side mini. :o

As I said before, I do like a largish balcony.....especially for this itinerary.....it's 11 days with 5 of them at sea.

Have you considered the last cabin on either side (9075 & 9275 for example)? They are a lower category with a larger balcony. The cabin is a bit smaller, and the balcony much longer. You can see this if you look closely at this photo.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1228252241061850229YTsUvd

When researching for our upcoming cruise I found many positive reviews of these cabins. We ended up in an aft min, but our friends took the extended side balcony.

Have you considered the last cabin on either side (9075 & 9275 for example)? They are a lower category with a larger balcony. The cabin is a bit smaller, and the balcony much longer. You can see this if you look closely at this photo.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1228252241061850229YTsUvd

When researching for our upcoming cruise I found many positive reviews of these cabins. We ended up in an aft min, but our friends took the extended side balcony.

I did a quick search on these two cabins. I found out they're smaller, but the balcony is larger. Large enough for a lounger (or two?). I wonder if they come with a lounger already on the balcony or you have to ask your steward for one. I'll have to do more "searching." Thanks for pointing these cabins out to me, Sippican.:)

You are welcome. Check out the deck plans and search for those end cabin numbers on all three decks for more info. Ideally, of course, 9075 and 9275 are likely to be quietest since they are sandwiched between cabins on other decks. Not sure about the lounger situation, but I think I found photos with one ideways. The balcony is not deeper, just longer. Good luck on your search.

I did a quick search on these two cabins. I found out they're smaller, but the balcony is larger. Large enough for a lounger (or two?). I wonder if they come with a lounger already on the balcony or you have to ask your steward for one. I'll have to do more "searching." Thanks for pointing these cabins out to me, Sippican.:)

The Aft Balconies do come with 2 loungers and 2 chairs.....as I was in an Aft Mini-suite on the Sun this past Sept.

• 1 month later...
The Aft Balconies do come with 2 loungers and 2 chairs.....as I was in an Aft Mini-suite on the Sun this past Sept.

Do you think if we asked nicely - and maybe a little pre-tip :), our steward would put another lounger out for us? We will have 3 in our mini for our "Girls Only" trip on the Sun and all of us love to relax on the balcony.

Archived