Karaoke on steroids!!!

*Mach*

For all you Karaoke lovers out there and in particular the Karaoke lovers who are sailing on the Conquest soon a new version of your beloved past time is debuting on the Conquest next week! It's called 'SUPER STAR LIVE!!'

Here's what I got from Chris Jefferson, the cruise director on the Conquest...

Along with this we now have SUPER STAR LIVE – this is the next generation of Karaoke – it’s fantastic… we don’t use CDs… instead we use the Show band… the guests actually get to sing with the showband… tell all your peeps to check it out… it’s excellent…

As the show band is providing the music I can only assume that it will be held in the forward lounge... the Toulouse Lautrec!!!

WOOOOOHOOOO!!

Get those voices warmed up! This is BIG!!!

:D

I had such a fun chat with LHP and everyone into this..and all here..only have done it a few times but I sure love to go..fell in love with some families doing it on the Paradise...woo hoo..a Band..awesome..thanks Mach!!...Sarah

I had such a fun chat with LHP and everyone into this..and all here..only have done it a few times but I sure love to go..fell in love with some families doing it on the Paradise...woo hoo..a Band..awesome..thanks Mach!!...Sarah

You're very welcome and congratulations on breaking 1000 posts!!!

:)

This should be fun!

We attended something similar @ City Walk in Orlando. It was really sweet when you got someone up there who could belt it out and amusing to try to watch the band adapt to those less than stellar performers. At one point the guitar player even started singing with the person!

Seems to me that this would seriously limit the catalog.

Music is music, isn't it? I mean, the musicians can look at a monitor and play what pops up... Isn't that their job???

I don't know about folks that bring their own CDs and such but it seems like a pretty nice trade off for those folks who love to sing... live band... big venue.

If I could carry a note in a bucket I'd be on stage!!!

Music is music, isn't it? I mean, the musicians can look at a monitor and play what pops up... Isn't that their job???

I don't know about folks that bring their own CDs and such but it seems like a pretty nice trade off for those folks who love to sing... live band... big venue.

If I could carry a note in a bucket I'd be on stage!!!

I have seen you on stage.....Fantasy Blogger's cruise....:eek::eek:...LOL.....

That depends. Some very accomplished musicians cannot sight-read to save their lives.

That depends. Some very accomplished musicians cannot sight-read to save their lives.

I'm sure that's the case but I don't think that it will effect the Karaoke folks on Carnival in the least.

It just seems to be a brilliant move to be able to allow the folks that enjoy Karaoke to experience singing on a huge stage with a live band.

I know that I'm gonna go to watch and cheer.

Where is LHP when I need her? Linda... you out there???

Please note that I was NOT singing. Had I been singing it would have been MUCH worse!

:D

I think I would have prefered the singing....LMBO....

Sitting here poking my minds eye out........Just kidding buddy......

I'm sure that's the case but I don't think that it will effect the Karaoke folks on Carnival in the least.

It just seems to be a brilliant move to be able to allow the folks that enjoy Karaoke to experience singing on a huge stage with a live band.

Hoping for your sake you know who don't see this....:eek::eek::eek:

Now back to our regularly schedule on topic thread.....;)

Actually, the "Showcase of Stars" passenger talent show allows the passengers to sing with the band. I've done this a number of times, and it's REALLY a lot of fun to sing in front of 1000 of your closest friends, along with the band. (Only difference I suppose, is that you have to already know the words!) :) I look forward to participating in this activity, as I love karaoke, and singing, and ESPECIALLY with the live band. I've also done "Legends" a number of times, but there again, you must know the words, and of course you're limited to the songs that are preselected.

BRING IT ON,,,,I'm READY!

Ken

"SKY"

Hoping for your sake you know who don't see this....:eek::eek::eek:

Now back to our regularly schedule on topic thread.....;)

Go wash your mind out with soap!!! :D

but, no, it will be limited.

When you sing in the "Talent Show" they bring a book out with the music, and it does include about 300 songs...

And, currently, when a song is chosen, they have to go up and print out the music on a copier and then bring it to the band.

So, NO MACH...MUSIC IS NOT MUSIC.

I doubt you can play on a Carnival ship unless you can sight read, but first of all, you have to HAVE TO HAVE THE MUSIC TO SIGHT READ.

And, I have sung either Talent Show or Legends night on every cruise I have been on, except the first one (ironically the Conquest.) The CD on the Conquest did not publicize the Talent Show at all and as a new cruiser I did not know how to participate.

Changing keys is difficult. I promise you, when you look at music and see an "F" and have to remember that you changed keys so it is now a "C" it can be difficult.

It will be accoring to how many and types of instruments are involved.

I cruise to Karaoke....so I am excited about this, but it just.

But, I suspect, they will have a book and let people choose a song the night before, and then sing unpracticed the next night.

I will be interested in hearing from anyone on how this works.

JB

I'm here.

Here is the list from John's Blog.....ROCK STAR.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/04/29/the-root-of-the-problem/

My participation will be solely based on IF they can transpose.

While I sing a lot of songs, they HAVE to be in my key.

Also, when you sing with a CD, you get use to certain "cues" from the CD that may (or may not) be in the orchestras charts.

I have sung with several of the house bands on the ship and it is a lot of fun.

We will see if they can do Journey in the key of B!!!

I'm going to assume you've never taken a music lesson in your life.

Archived