Zip Line Weight Limit?

eq302504

I just came back from ziplining in Roatan and if I remember correct, the weight limit was about 225 per person. There are 2 reasons for this. One is the weight for the line itself. The 2nd reason is that on the tour I did, there are platforms at each tree. And, honestly, you can't really fit more than 4 people on a platform. So there's probably a weight limit on them of maybe 1000 lbs.

Just an FYI ... I would tell him that he needs to lighten up ... that way he'll have a nice tight body for the trip. . hee hee ... :p :p

I emailed Victor Bodden at Bodden tours about a weight limit and here is the response I received:

There is no official weight limit for the zipline since the lines are desiged to hold thousnads of pounds of force. But, you must fit into the harness and that is the usual problem that most very big people face. It souns like your friend is tall so he would not really be obese and have no problem on the ziplein. I had some guys that were about 300 pounds do it last week and had no problems except they looked very tired at the end, ha ha.! Let me know if you our your friends have some more questions.

Yours,

Victor

Thanks for letting us know that!:D I was just about to email about that. My DH is about the 250or so range but he is taller. I am not close to the weight limit stated but I am shorter and there is "more of me to love" lets just say. I think tho we should be ok............plus we have our 2 girls 16 and 10.

thanks

There are some pretty large-lookin' guys on Victor's website, so I'm hopeful that I will be zipping along in a couple months! I know the camera adds 10 pounds...maybe the zipline will help me take off a couple!

Anyone with some experience on this topic would be appreciated! I'd hate to have to take a walk of shame if the harness didn't fit! LOL!

Well after debating this for wayyyy to long and worrying I just made a reservation with Bodden. I hope it all works out and I think it will, I figure when we get there if they look at us and say we are to "chunky"....lol :Dwe will just go do other things like the beach and snorkeling and sight seeing..........:D

Well after debating this for wayyyy to long and worrying I just made a reservation with Bodden. I hope it all works out and I think it will, I figure when we get there if they look at us and say we are to "chunky"....lol we will just go do other things like the beach and snorkeling and sight seeing..........

Beach? Snorkeling? Sight Seeing? I'll probably just head to the snack bar at the bottom of the zipline and find something "sweet" to make me feel better!

I promise to report back with the results of my zipline, and my weight "range" to help future zipliners!

Ya we want to do all those things....lol :D Victor has already replied and thinks everything will be ok and has us booked for all that and more he said!.....hee hee As long as we are back by 3-3:30 I will be fine....I hope. He said we would be scared on the first zipline but after that we will b e good to go. We are on the NCL Sun on April 5th...........

We too had worried about the weigh issue. Had worked away in the fall at trying to get our weight down (with pretty good success - about 27lbs.) but then my knee went bad and I had to stay off the treadmill, Christmas season came, etc, etc, and I had put half of it back on (putting me back up over that magic 250 #).

About two weeks ago we started thinking seriously about what to book for Roatan, and we got back on the treadmill. Also communuicated with Victor and started feeling good about it, so I booked it on Friday.

I did a wieght check this morning, and I have once again broken that 250 barrier :) (by 1 lb. :D ) and am determined to do more. I have just over 80 days to loses 10-20 lbs (my lofty goal) but to more importantly, increase my arobic capacity so that I will be able to enjoy the walking etc.

You know, we cruisers can get determined and serious about the things that count, so I will do it.

Well good luck Janes.....I am also going to try and "feel a little better". I just need to get off my arse....lol and do something besides sit here online on Cruise Critic everyday or searching for that next cruise deal...But what if I miss something?...hee hee:D We have a treadmill but will have to make DH get it out and see if it still works. I do lift a 5 pound weight while I am on here and I switch arms when I am just reading.....ahahahahaha Way to cold for me to go outside! I hate this snow and cold. burrrrrrrrrr Our kids are out of school again today, this was their last snow day allowed, anymore and we will have to make them up. boo

Archived