Sail away song.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:12 PM.
Canada
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Would anybody happen to know the name of the song that is played on the Royal Clipper when they put the sails up?
37 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
The music is Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis from the movie 1492.
I never get tired of listening as the ship is leaving a port.
You can find the CD at Amazon, even get a short listen to Conquest of Paradise.
43 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Same song on all Star Clipper ships.

Windstar song depends on the ship, the day, etc.. but they also use the same song at times
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity
Princess
Star Clippers
Windstar
Carnival

Magnolia, TX
1,407 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I grabbed the Conquest of Paradise & the "opening" from iTunes and used them to make a DVD of the pictures from our trip. Hearing that music just transports you back....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ship Trip Count: Vision (1), Rhapsody (1),
Empress (1), Monarch (1)
Star Flyer (3),
Ecstasy (1), Triumph (2)

Next: Star Clipper 12/19/15

South Padre Island, Texas
3,576 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Sassy Chassis
I grabbed the Conquest of Paradise & the "opening" from iTunes and used them to make a DVD of the pictures from our trip. Hearing that music just transports you back....
Great! You are more computer knowledgeable than I. Must be the area, my Grandkids went to Taylor Hi, but had a Houston address.
PS: Actually, 1 graduates this year, the other is at SMU.
Toronto
54 Posts
Joined May 2008
I believe it was the late great Captain Uli who started the tradition of playing 'Conquest of Paradise' as the main sail was being raised. Had the pleasure of working with Capt. Uli back in the mid 90s when I briefly served as cruise director with Star Clippers - cool gig..!