Joystar Group???

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:15 PM.
Denver, CO
176 Posts
Joined May 2000
When googling my ship and sail date the Joystar Group - block space is listed. Does anyone have any idea who/what this is? Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
4,250 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
As hammy said..Joystar is an agency ...they must have blocked space on the cruise. Most sailings will have groups blocked by agencies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Empress of the Seas
Imagination
Fascination
Sensation
Destiny
Victory
NCL Sun
NCL Sea
Disney Magic
Disney Wonder
Celebrity Horizon
Regal Empress
Holmdel, NJ US
10,722 Posts
Joined Mar 2000
Originally posted by lvtotrvl1
As hammy said..Joystar is an agency ...they must have blocked space on the cruise. Most sailings will have groups blocked by agencies.
The travel agency that goes by an triple vowel, is present on almost every cruise.
Denver, CO
176 Posts
Joined May 2000
Thanks for the information. I was aftaid it was some large group promoting life happiness or something
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
San Diego, California
816 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Just for Fun:
We know what you meant Marie, but isn't every CC member promoting "Life Happiness" on every cruise we take?!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pac Coastal--RCI Radiance OS--May 06
Baltics/Scandinavia--Celebrity Constellation--July 06
Med/Transatlantic--Princess Grand--Nov 06
Panama Canal WB--Princess Regal--Mar 07
Pac Coastal--HAL Zuiderdam--May 07
Alaska Gulf NB--HAL Ryndam--May 07

Next:
Alaska Glacier SB--HAL Volendam--June 07
Denver, CO
176 Posts
Joined May 2000
gratefulguy - LOL Good point. Promoting it I'll go for - "selling" it ..... no thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
11,051 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by lvtotrvl1
And you won't even know those kinds of "groups" are sailing with you. They have very little in the way of group activities during their cruise ... maybe a private cocktail party or something like that ... but that's about it.

You'll get TA groups on every cruise. We even had one quite large one on my Hawaii/South Pacific in January 2006. We only knew they were there because they all had these paper pineapples on their stateroom doors ... and we noticed there were an awful lot of pineapples hanging around.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:

HAL Rotterdam - 3/3 to 3/13/04 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Maui Writers' Conference at Sea
HAL Zuiderdam - 8/28 to 9/11/04 - Caribbean b2b (Eastern and Western) "Hurricane Francis Cruise"
Sun Princess - 1/8 to 1/18/05 - Eastern Caribbean "CCers Unite!" Cruise
Island Princess Hawaii Cruise -- 4/19 to 5/4/05 - "Princess Lacka Nookie Nookie's Maiden Race Cruise!"
Celebrity Zenith - "Cruise University" 5-day Western Caribbean -- 12/12 to 12/17/05
HAL Amsterdam 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific Cruise -- 1/6 to 2/5/06 - My "Dream Cruise of a Lifetime"
HAL Amsterdam 13-day Panama Canal Cruise -- 10/17 to 10/30/06 - My "R & R Discovery Cruise!"
HAL Veendam 18-day TransAtlantic Sailing -- 4/1 to 4/19/07 - My "Rita Becomes a Lush" Cruise
Cunard's QE2 6-day "Crossing the Pond" ... Southampton to New York City -- 4/21 to 4/27/07
Carnival Paradise 4-day Mexico Sailing -- 9/15 to 9/19/08 - the "Battlestar Galactica Fans Reunion at Sea or Let's Make Richard Hatch Rich" Cruise
HAL Statendam 35-day Hawaii/South Pacific -- 9/20 to 10/25/08 - "the Absolute Best Cruise of my Life"

Future Cruises:

HAL Zaandam 19-day Hawaii Sailing -- 10/4 to 10/23/09
HAL Rotterdam 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific Sailing -- 3/8 to 4/10/2010