Canopy Tour Question

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:02 AM.
10 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
I'm coming out of lurkdom with a question on the De Los Veranos canopy tour. I emailed a reservation and received a confirmation from "Sylvie", but she didn't state where we meet for the tour.

Can someone who has done this tour let me know where it meets?

Thanks so much for all your advice given on this board. We are so excited to get to meet Randi and her horses as well! Now we just have to plan our Cabo day, and we'll be all set!

TIA for your help!

Callie
Legend of the Seas 9/12/04
Azusa, CA
1,098 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
We did the canopy tour through Los Veranos and you meet at CANOPY OFFICE
next to the PEMEX gas Stationon the south side of town. Just remember that all gas stations in Mexico are PEMEX.
http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/map.htm

Here is a picture of the canopy tour office: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51651307NqAAzW

Have a great time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy

Contact me at: kajsb@aol.com

View my cruise pictures from the PRIDE and the ECSTASY here: Webshots Gallery

Venice, Florence, Pisa, & Rome! Sept 2005 Webshots Gallery

Ecstasy June 2004
My Ecstasy review

Pride- Aft cabin 4228 May 2004

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729 (My cruise critic thread)

My Pride review posted on cruise critic

Ecstasy 05/26/03 (V10)
Ecstasy 09/13/02 (V19)
CA
5,305 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
You should get another email from Sylvie that has an attachment... this page will have ALL of the information that you need to get there. If you don't get it, just email Sylvie again. You will need it to get the discount for booking on the web. At least we needed to show it... maybe others did not.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Smiles - Tina

UPCOMING: RCCL Independence of the Seas - Western - 3/2017
Carnival Inspiration - 2016
Carnival Paradise - Ensenada - 2010
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera - 2009
West Coast Premier Event - Mariner of the Seas - 2009
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera - 2008
Liberty of the Seas RCCL - Miami Pre-Inaugural 2007
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera - New Year's 2007
Island Princess - Hawaii Roundtrip - Christmas 2005/New Year's 2006
Legend of the Seas RCCL - Mexican Riviera 2004
Viking Serenade RCCL - Baja Mexico 1992
Northern California
114 Posts
Joined May 2003
We booked with Los Veranos and in the confirmation letter/email, Sylvie included the attachment with all the instructions.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New Addiction
Waitin' for Alaska - 2008

2/2003 Ecstasy
9/2003 Spirit
11/2003 Ecstasy
9/2004 Pride
1/2006 Paradise
Puerto Vallarta Mexico
130 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
You will have a great time on this tour. It is wonderful! Of note, the terminal marina where you will be docked is on the other side of town from where the pick up point is for the tour. If you are going to take a taxi, leave approximately 30 min prior to your set time so that you can arrive a few minutes early. And by the way, when you are done, if you are not too tired, from the Canopy Tour pick up point, you are within walking distance of Old Town, Los Muertos Beach. Great shopping!!!!! Have fun!
CA
5,305 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
PV Pam,

So is THAT the name of the beach? We walked down from the Pemex station down to the open market over the bridge and then down the the street closest to the beach.... We passed an older church (it was up one of the side streets, I think. So, is this the same area? I am getting ready to work on our scrapbook and would LOVE to put the name of the beach. It was simply beautiful!!

We will be back in PV in March 2006, so we will be having fun planning that trip too!

Smiles - Tina
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Smiles - Tina

UPCOMING: RCCL Independence of the Seas - Western - 3/2017
Carnival Inspiration - 2016
Carnival Paradise - Ensenada - 2010
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera - 2009
West Coast Premier Event - Mariner of the Seas - 2009
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera - 2008
Liberty of the Seas RCCL - Miami Pre-Inaugural 2007
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera - New Year's 2007
Island Princess - Hawaii Roundtrip - Christmas 2005/New Year's 2006
Legend of the Seas RCCL - Mexican Riviera 2004
Viking Serenade RCCL - Baja Mexico 1992
Milford,CT
123 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Hi, I really would like to do the canopy tour but am a little apprehensive.
Should I be??? I also have my husband going along with our two boys, ages 10 & 13. Is it ok for them to go? I am not sure what the age limit is.

thanks, Barb
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity ~ Zenith 6/05
Royal Caribbean ~ Vision 11/04
Royal Caribbean ~ Navigator 4/04
Princess ~ Grand 4/03
Disney ~ Magic 8/01
Carnival ~ Sensation 3/94
Long Island, NY
458 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Barb, we did this tour with Los Veranos last month, and I would heartily recommend it. It is TOTALLY safe, especially for your kids, of whom the guides seem particularly protective.

We were zip-lining in the same group as a vacationing family that included three kids, the youngest of which is a 6 1/2 year old girl. The two boys were probably 8 and 10 or so. They wear different harnesses than the adults do, and if there's any doubt about whether their weight will carry them across the zip-line, one of the guides will take them on a piggy-back ride. I was exceptionally impressed with the attention to safety.

It was a fun and exhilarating excursion, one of the best my husband and I have ever done. My kids (11 and 13) were not on this last cruise with us, but I will DEFINITELY take them here the next time we visit the Mexican Riviera.

~ Peri
Milford,CT
123 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
thanks Peri, I will have to book this excursion. I'm sure we will all love it.
You live just across the sound from us, I'm in Milford Connecticut.
What cruise line did you sail on, and what ports did you visit. Any other suggestions on which excursions to do.
We will be on the RC Vision, going to Cabo, PV and Mazatlan.
Barb
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity ~ Zenith 6/05
Royal Caribbean ~ Vision 11/04
Royal Caribbean ~ Navigator 4/04
Princess ~ Grand 4/03
Disney ~ Magic 8/01
Carnival ~ Sensation 3/94
150 Posts
Joined May 2002
Pam, Here are my questions:

1. Is taxi the only way to get to the Canopy Tour office from the ship? How much should we expect to pay for the taxi?

2. If the ship arrives in PV at 9 am, what time do you suggest we make the reservation?

3. The website says reservation can be made "up to one month in advance." Does that mean NOT BEFORE one month in advance?

Sorry if I'm asking questions you already answered on this board or others, but would appreciate your advice. Thank you. -- Jan