Does Seabourn have free wine and alcohol?

Fblack

I got a new Seabourn brochure in the mail today. They list all the amenities and features. Other than Welcome Champagne, I see no mention of any free wine or drinks. What beverages are included with your cruise.

Your in-room bar will be stocked with the spits of your choice, and there is open bar throughout the ship including wine at dinner. There is a wine program if you wish to purchase higher end wine packages but DW and I find the house wines are just fine.

its all-inclusive including alcohol. bizarre i dont see them specify that on their website.

btw if you book through virtuoso or american express platinum youll get a bottle of wine as well.

all guests also get 2 bottles of liquor en-suite but the selection is not as good as in public areas.

does seabourn still sell louis xiii by the ounce?

On the website it's buried, but there! Listed under Signature Delights.:)

Seabourn Signature Delights

Discerning travelers expect and deserve the very best. And that's what Seabourn Signature Delights® are all about – the very best life has to offer.

Seabourn Signature Delights are the little things that make your experience an extraordinary one at every turn.

They include:

• An intimate yacht that visits places inaccessible to others
  • All-suite accommodations
  • Impeccable personalized service
  • Open bar throughout the ship
  • Open-seating Restaurant with gourmet, prepared-to-order cuisine created by celebrity chef Charlie Palmer
  • Evening Under the Stars® sumptuous barbecue dinners or gala parties with live music and dancing on the open deck
  • Fine soaps by Hermes and L’Occitane; bath amenities by Molton Brown
  • Pure PamperingSM bath drawn by your suite stewardess
  • Caviar in the Surf® where available
  • Seabourn's Personal ShopperSM
  • Shopping with the Chef
  • Water sports from the ship's unique marina
  • Wi-Fi access from suites and public rooms; cell phone service at sea
  • Tipping is neither required nor expected

Sailing aboard one of Seabourn's yachts is an adventure in elegance and sophistication. Our Seabourn Signature Delights are designed with this in mind.

I got a new Seabourn brochure in the mail today. They list all the amenities and features. Other than Welcome Champagne, I see no mention of any free wine or drinks. What beverages are included with your cruise.

If you're referring to the 2010 World Cruise brochure (which I got today), drink inclusions are listed on page 18.

Someone please check their "Amazing Asia- Intimate Journeys aboard Seabourn Pride" brochure that arrived yesterday. There is a little half page that says "Seabourn Signature Delights" and also on the inside back cover. Only the Premium wine package is mentioned. I can find nothing about wine or drinks being included.

Someone please check their "Amazing Asia- Intimate Journeys aboard Seabourn Pride" brochure that arrived yesterday. There is a little half page that says "Seabourn Signature Delights" and also on the inside back cover. Only the Premium wine package is mentioned. I can find nothing about wine or drinks being included.

Don't worry,you can drink as much or as little as you like.Premium brands

You will pay no more unlike most lines.

seriously, dont worry.

all-inclusive cruiselines >

- seabourn

- seadream

- silversea

- regent

BUT - does anyone know if seabourn still sells ultra-premium by ounce?

silversea has a non-included restaurant now, not a good sign, but definitely not an indication they will stop including alcohol and tipping.

Kagehitokiri,

As far as spirit selection in the suite not being as good as in the bars, don't be guided by the list on the guest forms. I never even fill it out. I simply tell the stewardess on embarkation what I want and an hour later it's in my cabin. Anything you can order in the bars can be had in the suite.

Look on the inside front cover - under The Grand Palace photo.:cool:

• 3 months later...

What if you don't want/need two bottles of grog in your room?

If I can get what I want anytime, anywhere onboard, 2 bottles of spirits in my cabin seems a bit redundant.:confused:

Can one for example, ask for a couple of beers daily in the mini bar in lieu of bottles of gin?

My DW doesn't touch a drop. I love bubbles, wines, malts and cognacs.

A beer now and then, but I'm not one for guzzling spirits.

I read posts that the house wines were pretty forgettable, but those posts are a few years old now (2006), and I heard Seabourn has lifted its game after disastrously flirting with pennypinching a few years back, anyone care to comment on the alternate bar options available (but not openly plugged) or if the house wine has improved a little?

Thanks.

What if you don't want/need two bottles of grog in your room?

If I can get what I want anytime, anywhere onboard, 2 bottles of spirits in my cabin seems a bit redundant.:confused:

Can one for example, ask for a couple of beers daily in the mini bar in lieu of bottles of gin?

My DW doesn't touch a drop. I love bubbles, wines, malts and cognacs.

A beer now and then, but I'm not one for guzzling spirits.

I read posts that the house wines were pretty forgettable, but those posts are a few years old now (2006), and I heard Seabourn has lifted its game after disastrously flirting with pennypinching a few years back, anyone care to comment on the alternate bar options available (but not openly plugged) or if the house wine has improved a little?

Thanks.

We never touch the bottles of spirit in the suite ourselves!

So, one could just not ask for those or ask for champagne instead. Beer and wine - you can always ask for plenty of that in or out of your suite.

And I can assure you (of course in our opinion) the house wine is much better nowadays! We are quite happy with the wine that is offered at the moment. We like oaky (not many people do any more...) Chardonnay and that is pretty good. But you can also chose from various other red and white wines!

Cheers!

Marja

Thanks Marja!

I suppose we could have just asked our Stewardess on the day, one doesn't get if one doesn't ask. It's not a deal-breaker, just wondered if others routinely opted for something other than spirits.

Will & Felicia

It's not "free"--you're paying heavily for it upfront.

Not as heavily as if I was on another line... I like a drink, I know the 'value' of what I can put away on a 12 day break, especially when Champagne is involved, even a modest label!:D

Not as heavily as if I was on another line... I like a drink, I know the 'value' of what I can put away on a 12 day break, especially when Champagne is involved, even a modest label!:D

Agree! Not having to sign every two minutes is worth paying that bit more upfront in my view.

Also, we found that we did not drink all that much in our suite and certainly didn't get through the bottle of scotch we had. The Sky Bar was where we were to be found :D

On our last cruise, we did not care for the "house" merlot. They kept bringing other brands until we found one we liked. After that, we were always served our preferred brand at no extra charge. So, if you don't like the first bottle, ask for a different one.

On our last cruise, we did not care for the "house" merlot. They kept bringing other brands until we found one we liked. After that, we were always served our preferred brand at no extra charge. So, if you don't like the first bottle, ask for a different one.

Right on, but don't forget to watch the beverage waiter, sometimes they refill with another brand when your not looking...

Host Dan

Archived