Night Snorkeling?

BeckyJJ02

Has anyone done the Night Snorkeling excursion? We signed up for that one and I am curious as to how creepy it actually is!:eek:

they use lights or you couldn't see anything anyway.....but who knows what lurks in the shadows....the shadow knows.....hhehhahhhhhahha(creppry laugh)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Becky

We're on the Dawn 6/1 to Bermuda with you guys. I just looked at that night snorkeling trip excursion and it sounds great but just looking at the guy in the picture in the dark water gives me the creeps :eek:

I really wish I had the nerve to do it because it does sound cool. Let me know how it was if you do it

Hope to see you Monday, at the M&G

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys I did the Night Snorkel excursion through NCL this week!! It was really neat! They told us this was a new excursion (only the 2nd or 3rd time they did it!!). We got on a mini-bus (interesting ride to say the least...those drivers!!!) and went to 9 Beaches resort at 8:30pm. We had a big group, about 15 people I think. We got geared up in wet suits, flippers, snorkels and masks and then got flashlights. There were 2 guides that stayed at the front and back of the group. We went off the beach and around alot of coral and reefs. The water was shallow (at the most 10-15 feet) and we stopped every now and then to rest where we could stand. It was really cool to see all the fish at night. We actually saw a ton!! The fish were calm (I think they might have been sleeping...seriously). The highlight for us was seeing lobsters! It was wild to see them in a natural habitat like that. If you go just make sure to look under the rocks!! They peer out at you. I thought this excursion was going to be more creepy than it was. The water is so clear and blue and we felt completely safe. It was really fun so if you love to snorkel you shouldn't be afraid to try it out! ;)

Sounds like an interesting excursion. I’m always looking for a new adventure while in Bermuda and this may be it for our trip next year.

I see you said you all had wet suits? What was the water temperature when you went and where they necessary? Thanks!

We were told the water was 74-75 degrees but it felt chilly. Some people wore the wet suits some didn't but we were glad we did. We were very comfy. I went swimming at Horsehoe Beach a bunch of times on the trip and it was refreshing! The weather was hot and humid and that Bermuda son is hot hot hot!! Without the sun we opted for the wetsuits but really you could have taken or left them :)

Archived