Info for the Millennium

Johnny's girl

My husband and I will be cruising on the Millennium on July 25, 2006, from Barcelona to Venice. We are looking for any and all information with regards to the ship and the ports. To take an excursion from the ship or a local tour guide, that is the question. I have read so many different things and we are running out of time! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Johnny's girl

Check the Europe board under "Ports of Call." There is a LOT of information there! We're going the opposite direction next June, and I've found a lot of great info over there. Enjoy your trip!

Lucky you!! I just made the Med cruise on May and what I would recommend is that specially in the ports of Naples (if you are going to Amalfi or Capri), Civitaveccia (Rome), or Florence is to go on the tours of the ship or to go on shore EARLY to hire a taxi to take you into the cities because ther are far away (as long as 1hr 15 mis) from the port. We didn't calculate this and had just 2 hours to spend in Florence so we would make it on time for the ship's departure...it is the best ship to take and the ports are very well selected...you are going to have the best of times!!!

Be sure to make a reservation as soon as you get on the ship to go to the specialty restaurant "The Olympic" to go one of the nights fro dinner. You pay 25 dlls pp to have this extraordinary dining experience...the cheese soufflee to begin, the beef tournedeau as main and for dessert the "sampler"....yummmmmm!!! On the departures, be sure to go to deck 10 on the very back (aft?) to listen to Pepe play his guitar as you see the ship's departure...what an experience!!! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!:)

• 2 years later...

Archived