April 25th Round Trip?

CarolMN

I'm going on the QM2 on the 25th. Today in the mail I received a Western Union offering a return trip on the QM2 on May 1st for $899. I made plans to go to France after the ship docks. So not possible to take the offer.

J.P.

YES!, my friend received the same $899.00
return Southampton to New York offer.

They are in Queens Grill, so that is a
$16,000.00 ( minimum ) savings for two.

Must be the return May 1st crossing is
not that full.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CarolMN:
And what's the news about fireworks?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> From today's Cunard press release:

(Full text in "Busy Queens..." thread)

"...Sunday, April 25, will also be a special day for Cunard Line as both Queen Mary 2 and her famous sister ship Queen Elizabeth 2 will be together in New York. Their legendary namesakes Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth were last berthed in the port together in March 1940. The two Queens will cross the Atlantic in tandem, arriving in Southampton on May 1.

To celebrate this milestone, prior to leaving the harbour, both vessels will be positioned near the Statue of Liberty at approximately 8:30 p.m. for a spectacular serenade of fireworks by Grucci, the award-winning creators of fireworks programs for three sets of Olympic Games, six U.S. presidential inaugurations and three World's Fairs. The fireworks display is being sponsored by American Express and American Express Travel..."

Archived