Summit Aqua Class Deck 11

sarahc78

I've been in Infinity 1128 and can say that 1125 will have a small balcony. The deck 11 balconies get shallower from bow to stern. I've also been on Summit and the situation is similar.

Here's cabin 1128's balcony

Infinity%20cabin%201128_zps0anr1gqt.jpg

Here's the larger balcony at cabin 1100.

DSCF2291_zps9w0b92be.jpg

Edited by cheryl20772

We were on the Constellation in 1120, and our balcony was deeper at one side and got slightly narrower on the other. It seems 1118 has the deepest balcony and the others begin to angle narrower on either side of that.

Question

(please don't bash AQ is completely new/foreign to me)

So my parents were upgraded to AQ after booking a guarantee. I forwarded over some Blu menus for my mom to look at...My dad is more of a meat and potatoes kinda guy so she's thinking that is not something he would like. Are they allowed to eat w/ us in the MDR? Also if my dad did not go to Blu w/ my mom one evening for dinner could I take his spot and dine w/ her that night?

Again totally foreign to me so I'm not sure how Blu works. :confused:

Question

So my parents were upgraded to AQ after booking a guarantee. I forwarded over some Blu menus for my mom to look at...My dad is more of a meat and potatoes kinda guy so she's thinking that is not something he would like. Are they allowed to eat w/ us in the MDR? Also if my dad did not go to Blu w/ my mom one evening for dinner could I take his spot and dine w/ her that night?

You would need to speak with the Maître d' privately about swapping your self for your dad. They take names and cards at the desk as you enter and you might be able to, but it's not publicly allowed. People in suites can eat in Blue, but they have to pay (or have in the past).

As to meat and potatoes... every menu includes either steak, chicken or fish that could be ordered with potatoes. I think you can also ask for whatever the main dining room is serving. I saw lots of people getting served French onion soup on multiple nights and that was not once on the Blue menu.

So food should not be a problem. Just ask for what is wanted. The short ribs and smoked trout are to die for. If you want a larger serving, ask for it and if you prefer, order two appetizers instead of the entrée. People complain sometimes about the Blue menu, but it's not really a limit. You should see the huge bowl of meat you get when you order the Osso buco. You can order two steaks if they are too small.

Make a private deal with the hostess or maître d' if you need one, but don't brag about it later cause the rules are there for a reason even if exceptions happen.

You would need to speak with the Maître d' privately about swapping your self for your dad. They take names and cards at the desk as you enter and you might be able to, but it's not publicly allowed. People in suites can eat in Blue, but they have to pay (or have in the past).

As to meat and potatoes... every menu includes either steak, chicken or fish that could be ordered with potatoes. I think you can also ask for whatever the main dining room is serving. I saw lots of people getting served French onion soup on multiple nights and that was not once on the Blue menu.

So food should not be a problem. Just ask for what is wanted. The short ribs and smoked trout are to die for. If you want a larger serving, ask for it and if you prefer, order two appetizers instead of the entrée. People complain sometimes about the Blue menu, but it's not really a limit. You should see the huge bowl of meat you get when you order the Osso buco. You can order two steaks if they are too small.

Make a private deal with the hostess or maître d' if you need one, but don't brag about it later cause the rules are there for a reason even if exceptions happen.

Gotcha! She had asked if it was allowed and I honestly didn't know for sure. I looked at the menu and thought there were a lot of meat options so who knows maybe he turns out to love it!

Also, I think, if they want to join you in the main dining room, you all need to be assigned to Celebrity Select dining. It needs to also be arranged through a hostess or maître d'.

Edited by cheryl20772

Also, I think, if they want to join you in the main dining room, you all need to be assigned to Celebrity Select dining. It needs to also be arranged through a hostess or maître d'.

I was thinking that they could just take the spot of my children who will be assigned to our table??? They normally eat dinner w/ the Fun Factory.

Question

(...

We have been in Aqua Class on both M- and S-class ships. While it never hurts to politely ask I doubt that you will be able to join you mom in Blu if you father chooses to dine in the MDR. While Celebrity can be inconsistent in policies, the one policy they do enforce consistently is that Blu is limited to Aqua Class and Suite passengers.

The Blu menu is similar to the MDR menu in that the right side of the menu changes each night, but the left side lists the offerings available every night. Blu offers a steak on the available every night listing. Also items such as the French Onion soup and escargot, which are on the left side of the MDR menu, are also available every night in Blu.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if you can open the partitions between balconies on deck 11 aqua cabins on the Summit? We have booked adjacent cabins for next May with my SIL and BIL and we would like to be able to enjoy the balconies together.

Balcony partitions on M class ships do not open, even on deck 11.

SarahC,

It is highly unlikely that you and your father can swap places. As for the menu with a variety each evening plus the standard availability of steak, fish and chicken your father should find something of interest for dinner. Every poster would surely join me in urging your father to give the Blu options a try. The waiters are particularly helpful when recommending choices both on and off the menu.

gek,

The partitions on the aft cabins on deck 11 absolutely do open. I thought those on the port and starboard did as well but perhaps not. The aft definitely do.

SarahC,

gek,

The partitions on the aft cabins on deck 11 absolutely do open. I thought those on the port and starboard did as well but perhaps not. The aft definitely do.

I didn't know that but I guess those aft partitions are big enough to open properly. The port and starboard cabins do have partitions that look like they could partially open but the stewards won't open them for you.

Question

You can steak and potatoes every night in Blu if you want. Also you can ask for a regular salad. My DH will also only eat that type of food and we never had a problem One side of the menu has "regular" food available daily. Treat him at least once to the specialty restaurants. He will not go hungry!

Enjoy

Balcony partitions on M class ships do not open, even on deck 11.

We were just on the Summit this month. Yes the partitions open. See the 2 pic's. The balconies have 2 sizes of doors. Aqua on deck 11 for us are the best cabins on the M Class ships.

You can take the main stairs right down to the middle of the buffet. Then get your food, stop at the aft Bar to get your drink. There are stairs from the outside left and right of the bar. Those stairs take you up to deck 11 cabins.

In the evening when we went to the Captain Club events held forward on deck 11. We were able to go out the forward door and right across the deck 11 to the Lounge.

Take the elevators from deck 11 right down to deck 5. And there is Blu.

As to you taking your fathers place in Blu. Yes I would talk to the maître d'. They ask for cabin numbers not your name. I have had breakfast with my mother in Blu before. We both had cabins in Aqua, but they only asked for 1 cabin number as there were just 2 of us. When 4 of us go to dinner they ask for 2 cabin numbers.

1068293538_SummitDeck111114to1116.jpg.62d135f53cf8b3b5879f3056a543a3ec.jpg

918045771_Deck111114to1112.jpg.fc391c60562de318506de1ef0240e5b0.jpg

We were just on the Summit this month. Yes the partitions open. See the 2 pic's. The balconies have 2 sizes of doors. Aqua on deck 11 for us are the best cabins on the M Class ships.

You can take the main stairs right down to the middle of the buffet. Then get your food, stop at the aft Bar to get your drink. There are stairs from the outside left and right of the bar. Those stairs take you up to deck 11 cabins.

In the evening when we went to the Captain Club events held forward on deck 11. We were able to go out the forward door and right across the deck 11 to the Lounge.

Take the elevators from deck 11 right down to deck 5. And there is Blu.

As to you taking your fathers place in Blu. Yes I would talk to the maître d'. They ask for cabin numbers not your name. I have had breakfast with my mother in Blu before. We both had cabins in Aqua, but they only asked for 1 cabin number as there were just 2 of us. When 4 of us go to dinner they ask for 2 cabin numbers.

Thank you for the info. We had cabin 1111 on the Summit two years ago, but were traveling alone so we never paid attention to the doors between the balconies. This coming year we have 1111 again and my BIL and SIL have 1109.

We were just on the Summit this month. Yes the partitions open. See the 2 pic's. The balconies have 2 sizes of doors.

That's interesting. I've always suspected they could be opened but never seen it done and was told that they couldn't be opened "for safety reasons". I'll ask again more forcefully next time.

While the overhang on Deck 9 did not ruin the trip for us, we would have preferred Deck 6-8...hard to say if we would have like total lack of shade on Deck 11...we probably wouldn't have used it in the sun. But for sunsets, it would have been nice.

That's interesting. I've always suspected they could be opened but never seen it done and was told that they couldn't be opened "for safety reasons". I'll ask again more forcefully next time.

We had 2 of our 3 balconies (9071, 9073, and 9075) opened on Day 2 (late Monday).

The reason they wouldn't open the third balcony is because opening it (in either direction) would have blocked the sliding doors to the balcony (either 9075 or 9073)...I suspect that's the "safety reason."

So, the message back is "it all depends." All I can tell you is that the balcony dividing partition between 9071 and 9073 on the Summit can be opened.