Hotel Lancelot Rome

We will be staying at the Hotel Lancelot in October. Has anyone stayed at this hotel?? The web site looks nice and they have been very accomodating in correspondence. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Terry

• 4 months later...

We are also going to be in Rome in October, but have reservations at the Hotel Villa San Pio. I just got the Rick Steves book and notice he recommends Hotel Lancelot, and since Lancelot is considerably cheaper (our rate is 240E/night)I am considering switching.

Kathy

In my previous post, I mentioned we are staying at the Hotel Villa San Pio. It got rave reviews from a number of ratints websites, and people mentioned the "good value." I was pretty surprised to learn that the last week of October, first of November was considered "high season," and therefore we were quoted the top rates (240E/night). For those of you who have traveled to Rome in the fall, is this a pretty typical rate for a 3 star hotel?

Kathy

You might want to do a search on the threads (Europe board might provide some input)and see if someone else may have provided/asked about the hotel.

We booked with International Palace and after reading the comments above, I went out to TripAdvisor to see the reviews for Lancelot....Quite good and the prices appear to be reasonable. We may switch since they have confirmed they have availability for the one night - post cruise -we need in October. Just need to confirm with them if the taxes are included in the rate. If not, then we may stay with IP since the cost difference is minor.

I did check with trip advisor and I am happy with this hotel. I just wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience. All the contact with the people at the hotel has been first rate.

Archived