Hotel Continental Palacete?

What are other CCer's impression of this hotel? It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I'd like to have more personal information from those who have actually stayed there. Thanks for your help. We have booked a "Sun Room" but that can be changed.

Search is working again.

Go to the forum top (hit the back button in your browser window. Click on search this forum. Enter Continental Palacete.

You will see many, many threads on both this and its sister hotel.

We stayed there last year and enjoyed it. We also had a "sun room" facing the street, but it was very quiet. The location is excellent - only 2 blocks to Placa Catalunya. There was a taxi stand right outside the hotel and it was a short ride to the port. We will stay there again when we visit Barcelona.

Great place. Very 'pink' (you'll see what I mean). As said by bobthek, 5 minute walk to Placa de Catalunya and all the 'transport', taxi rank opposite the hotel. You can live on the free buffet (but probably won't!) and don't forget to grab a free bottle of water for days out. Free internet access as well via 2 PC's. Only minor issue is if you have any mobility problems. You have got to get up 3 steps off the road and about 11 steps in 2 short flights to the level with the lift (all the hotel is on the first floor). I think our room was one of the best for size, so you might want to ask for number 123. There is a fridge in the room and a microwave. All in all a nice, if quirky hotel. I'd have no problem staying there again.

Simon

It's a wonderful hotel. I stayed there in November before my Voyager cruise and just loved it. Book early as it is not that big a hotel. Also, as mentioned above, there are a few stairs at the entrance that you have to walk up before you get to the elevator. Free buffet was very welcome especially since it included beer and wine!

I will certainly stay there again.

andrew

468383603_24hourbuffet.jpg.a15256fc424723f07b3eeda9f959b70d.jpg

1216098519_Stairsatentrance.jpg.92f0aa3f1671cedbdad828e84b152b46.jpg

Lounge.jpg.c10bbf2fee2e274cee72a6b1845bfe52.jpg

Archived