Aqua Tour Boat Safari

MrBill923

• 1 month later...

This must be a first, I posted this question on March 21st, and received no responses. So I am going to give a response now that I have sailed on the Adventure to Curacao, and have completed this excursion. In case anyone is interested: It was about a 20 minute bus ride to the bay. Once there we were met by two guides. Both friendly, and did a good job explaining what we were going to be doing. The "aqua boats" are slightly bigger than a wave runner with a 25 HP motor on the back. There was a steering wheel, and gear-speed shift. The boats are big and heavy and hard to turn. The motor was slow and varied in speed. It was hard to operate and I am an experienced boat person. We were told there were 2-3' waves, we got out on open water and there were swells of 4-6'. We drove across open water then into a couple of bays were it was calm. There was a little bit of explanation from the guides as to what we were seeing but it was hard to hear them. We ended up in another bay where we tied up to a free standing pier in the middle. We had to snorkel off the back of the aqua boat, which was hard to get on and off of. We ended up snorkeling for about 30 minutes, and total aqua boat travel time was over an hour round trip. A real wave runner would have been much easier on the open water. I would not do this excursion again.