Isa65 - Which beach?

chamima

Hi

Looking for advice.

I emailed Natasja Gibbs about a day at the beach and she recommended Cas Abao over Kenepa.

I told her we were looking for beautiful and quiet (not crowded). We will be in Curacao on a Wednesday.

Which beach do you like better? (Is either better for a little snorkeling?)

Thanks!

Kenepa is larger (much further away up West) and more beautiful.

However, there are absolutely NO amenties there.

During the week, no beach chairs.

No toilets, restaurants, shade, etc.

Cas Abao is very pretty as well and has all amenities to make your day comfortable.

Both are good for snorkeling, especially if you swim along the rock formations at either side of the bay.

Neither beach will be crowded on a weekday (unless there are multiple ships in port and lots of cruiseline excursions take guests to the beach).

Enjoy your day in Curacao!

Throw in Porto Marie in the mix and you have the top 3 prettiest beaches on the island...:)

So now I'm curious -

1)Kenepa -prettiest

2) Cas Abao - next prettiest

3) Porto Marie -third

or a different order?

Thanks for all of your help!

So now I'm curious -

1)Kenepa -prettiest

2) Cas Abao - next prettiest

3) Porto Marie -third

or a different order?

Thanks for all of your help!

Ahhh, you make my life difficult. There is also Little Kenepa.

But that order sounds about right.:)

How far are these beaches from cruise port?? (Cas Abao and Porto Marie) Which has better snorkeling? I assume taxi is only way to get there?? How much would that be? Thanks so much!! We don't arrive until 2PM so looking for a good beach that is close :)

How far are these beaches from cruise port?? (Cas Abao and Porto Marie) Which has better snorkeling? I assume taxi is only way to get there?? How much would that be? Thanks so much!! We don't arrive until 2PM so looking for a good beach that is close :)

Cas Abao as well as Porto Marie are about 30 minutes from the cruise port. Taxi average is $40 each way.

Most people say that Porto Marie has better snorkeling, but Cas Abao is prettier.

Keep in mind that the beach closes at 6 PM, so you might not have much snorkeling/beach time if you're coming in at 2 PM.

Cas Abao as well as Porto Marie are about 30 minutes from the cruise port. Taxi average is $40 each way.

Most people say that Porto Marie has better snorkeling, but Cas Abao is prettier.

Keep in mind that the beach closes at 6 PM, so you might not have much snorkeling/beach time if you're coming in at 2 PM.

The $40 each way for the taxi is that per person or $40 no matter how many people?

Isa65 I need your advice on our plan for our day in Curacao.

We have a long day to explore since we're in port from 8AM to 9PM.

Our plan is to walk around town with a stop at the Synagogue. Then either take a bus or a cab to Cabana Beach and stay long enough for dinner.

Or do you reccomend another place for dinner.Then take a taxi back to the port and walk around before we have to board.

I figure since we'll be across the bridge we could catch the bus. Or should we head back across the pontoon bridge to catch a taxi? About how long is it to the beach?

Also, do you know if Cabana beach offers a day pass AI to cruise passengers?

just wondering if you're buying lunch and drinks, chairs etc they will let you use their pool.

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for all the questions:)

Liz:)

Isa65 I need your advice on our plan for our day in Curacao.

We have a long day to explore since we're in port from 8AM to 9PM.

Our plan is to walk around town with a stop at the Synagogue. Then either take a bus or a cab to Cabana Beach and stay long enough for dinner.

Or do you reccomend another place for dinner.Then take a taxi back to the port and walk around before we have to board.

I figure since we'll be across the bridge we could catch the bus. Or should we head back across the pontoon bridge to catch a taxi? About how long is it to the beach?

Also, do you know if Cabana beach offers a day pass AI to cruise passengers?

just wondering if you're buying lunch and drinks, chairs etc they will let you use their pool.

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for all the questions:)

Your plan is fine.

After the synagogue visit, you're pretty close to the bus depot (ask the guard to point you to the Postal Office - the bus depot is behind this building).

Or you can walk to Main street and catch a cab there to Cabana ($20 one way). Taxi will take about 10 minutes to get there and on the bus a while longer with all the stops.

You can stay for dinner (Mambo Restaurant, Nemo, Hemingway's - I would avoid El Mexicano) and then take a taxi back to the ship. Please, do not attempt to go back by bus after dark.

As far as I know, Cabana doesn't offer AI, only their neighbour Sunscape resort does.

But you should have no problems using their pool. The pool at Lion's Dive hotel (short walk on the beach) is also fantastic and the guards often don't check who's a hotel guest or not.

Enjoy your long day in Curacao!

Your plan is fine.

After the synagogue visit, you're pretty close to the bus depot (ask the guard to point you to the Postal Office - the bus depot is behind this building).

Or you can walk to Main street and catch a cab there to Cabana ($20 one way). Taxi will take about 10 minutes to get there and on the bus a while longer with all the stops.

You can stay for dinner (Mambo Restaurant, Nemo, Hemingway's - I would avoid El Mexicano) and then take a taxi back to the ship. Please, do not attempt to go back by bus after dark.

As far as I know, Cabana doesn't offer AI, only their neighbour Sunscape resort does.

But you should have no problems using their pool. The pool at Lion's Dive hotel (short walk on the beach) is also fantastic and the guards often don't check who's a hotel guest or not.

Enjoy your long day in Curacao!

Thank you so much for your help:) It's very nice of you to take the time to help us all out!!

What are your thoughts on Blue Bay?

We looked into Sunscape which is beautiful but a bit pricier for their AI.

Thanks for the tip on Lions Dive:)

The bus sounds good and easy to find and we will definitely take a taxi back.

Thank You again

Blue Bay is much quieter (and smaller) than Cabana. There are all amenities there, but they closed down their swimming pool. It is now a sandbox for children.

You cannot take public transportation to Blue Bay.

Sunscape is LOUD and BUSY. Very crowded any day of the week, but on weekends it's even worse.

Blue Bay is much quieter (and smaller) than Cabana. There are all amenities there, but they closed down their swimming pool. It is now a sandbox for children.

You cannot take public transportation to Blue Bay.

Sunscape is LOUD and BUSY. Very crowded any day of the week, but on weekends it's even worse.

Thank You Isa65:)

I have another question for you:D

If we take a taxi from near he synagogue can we request a short stop at the liquor factory then onto Cabana Beach.

I realize that the factory is a bit out of the way do you think the taxi will be very expensive?

We must buy your Curacao Liquor LOL

Thanks again for all your help

If we take a taxi from near he synagogue can we request a short stop at the liquor factory then onto Cabana Beach.

I realize that the factory is a bit out of the way do you think the taxi will be very expensive?

We must buy your Curacao Liquor LOL

The liquor factory is not extremely out of the way, it is a detour of a couple of minutes the most. However, you don't have to go to the factory to buy Curacao Liquor.

Most souvenier shops (around the pier area in Riffort Village) or downtown sell liquor bottles.

As the matter of fact, right in front of the synagogue entrance there is a souvenier shop that sells it.

• 3 weeks later...

Lagun is a public beach over at the Western side, so you can bring your own drinks, food, etc.

There is a little restaurant / scubagear rental that serves yummy spare ribs there and the snorkeling is excellent.

You will need a car to get there or if you have a really long day in port you can take public transportation. (Take the large White bus that says "LAGUN" at the depot near the cruise pier). Pretty easy, but do inquire what time the bus will come by Lagun to take you back as it will take at least 1 hour (and a half) to get back into town by bus.

Lagun is a public beach over at the Western side, so you can bring your own drinks, food, etc.

There is a little restaurant / scubagear rental that serves yummy spare ribs there and the snorkeling is excellent.

You will need a car to get there or if you have a really long day in port you can take public transportation. (Take the large White bus that says "LAGUN" at the depot near the cruise pier). Pretty easy, but do inquire what time the bus will come by Lagun to take you back as it will take at least 1 hour (and a half) to get back into town by bus.

Thanks so much for your input. Yes we have rented a vehicle to us there and back and were planning to stop to pick up some beverages and maybe a few snacks, but happy to hear that there are a few places to grab something if need be.

Thanks again and can't wait till we get to experience your island!

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much for your input. Yes we have rented a vehicle to us there and back and were planning to stop to pick up some beverages and maybe a few snacks, but happy to hear that there are a few places to grab something if need be.

Thanks again and can't wait till we get to experience your island!

We will be in Curacao in a couple of wks and thought about renting a vehicle. Where is the best place for that? Is the island driver friendly, easy to a find our way around?

We will be in Curacao in a couple of wks and thought about renting a vehicle. Where is the best place for that? Is the island driver friendly, easy to a find our way around?

Avis is the only rental agency with a booth at the pier. There might be others that do pick ups, but that will cut into your port time.

The island is driver friendly, but you have to take into account that there are some roads under construction. F.i. 1 side of the tall bridge is closed and the main road to the Western beaches has a detour into a residential area. Plan enough time to return to the cruise port. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Isa65 - We will be in Curacao from 1pm to 11pm, we saw a Sunset Sail which we signed up for but then we were sent an email saying they only do it on Wed evening and we are there on Thurs. Haven't found any other place offering Sunset sails, such a shame because we are there till 11pm. Any suggestions????

Isa65 - We will be in Curacao from 1pm to 11pm, we saw a Sunset Sail which we signed up for but then we were sent an email saying they only do it on Wed evening and we are there on Thurs. Haven't found any other place offering Sunset sails, such a shame because we are there till 11pm. Any suggestions????

You can check these folks out: http://www.adventurescuracao.com/pages/34427/Sun_Set_Trip.html

• 4 months later...