Barcelona post cruise ideas

Kruisin' Karyn

This is what we have done ...

Book a day room at a hotel near airport. Dump luggage there.

Plenty to see and do. If the weather is good then Guell Park is recommended.

If not then Casa Batillo plus a wander along Las Ramblas. Port Vell is also a good hang out spot.

One other option is to catch an open top bus tour. It is a big city with a lot of sightseeing options.

A more relaxed option is to wander around the Gothic Quarter. There is a museum with Roman ruins which is worth checking out.

You could book a post cruise tour through the ship. That way you can keep your luggage with you and not worry about it until you get to the airport. While we usually book private tours we have been happy with most of the post cruise tours with airport drop off offered by the cruise line. Easy and luggage and transportation are both covered while you get to see or do something more than cooling your heels at the airport.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There is a company that takes your luggage from the port and you collect it at the airport. I have used them twice. Excellent service.

It is only €12 per suitcase.

https://bagsandgo.com/en/

Then you can explore the city at leisure - go to the market, have some Tapas and catch a taxi or the airport bus to the airport.

You collect the luggage down in the left luggage area which is a bit of hike so leave yourself enough time.

Hi Kruisin' Karyn

Try taking a look at Barcelona day tour, we used them after our cruise.

They have a few different tours. We were picked up at the cruise pier, did the tour and dropped off at our hotel. But I think they can drop off at the airport too. Just go to the web site and check. We stayed in Barcelona for a few days and used them for a couple of tours and were very happy with them.

Looking for ideas to do after disembarking from Brilliance in Barcelona prior to heading to the airport in the afternoon. We will have our luggage ... any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The first time we cruised, we took the RCL tour to Monserrat and were then dropped off at the airport. It was a great tour because the mountains were cool after our July cruise. It was expensive though.

I now do mostly DIY so one of my last cruises we went to Park Guell (lovely place to visit) by leaving our suitcases at the left luggage at Sants Station. It worked well because we were leaving by train. I like Little britain's suggestion of having the bags taken to the airport for those who are flying.

Really it depends on how many are in your party, what you have already seen in Barcelona, what day of the week you are travelling, how many bags you plan on having with you and the ages/preferences of who you are travelling with. BCN has so much to offer, it certainly is not worth sitting in a departure lounge all morning.