Duty Free Liquor Price List

supermom123

Depending in which State people live, it's sometimes cheaper to buy booze in your home state.

Our state of Washington has outrageous alcohol taxes so we always go home through AZ or NV and buy it there ... cheapest taxed states we've found (for alcohol) on our trip home.

And we've also found that Walmart in P.V. is cheaper than the ship ... we've been known to buy it there and turn it over to security for storage.

Depending in which State people live, it's sometimes cheaper to buy booze in your home state.

Our state of Washington has outrageous alcohol taxes so we always go home through AZ or NV and buy it there ... cheapest taxed states we've found (for alcohol) on our trip home.

And we've also found that Walmart in P.V. is cheaper than the ship ... we've been known to buy it there and turn it over to security for storage.

Carnival will match the price of any liquor you find in port.

When you say liquor is cheaper in AZ and NV...are you comparing 750ml to the liter bottles in port.

I cant imagine liquor cheaper than what you find in St Thomas and SXM, its dirt cheap.

Carnival will match the price of any liquor you find in port.

Of course they will. It's good marketing. How many people bring back the necessary docs to prove the point? And personally I won't waste my time to save what I already have by buying it on shore.

When you say liquor is cheaper in AZ and NV...are you comparing 750ml to the liter bottles in port.

I cant imagine liquor cheaper than what you find in St Thomas and SXM, its dirt cheap.

Yes, I am matching it. Except I don't match the 750ml ... I only match the 1.75. AZ and NV are ALWAYS cheaper.

Dunno about St Thomas ... We've been there twice but I wasn't into cheaper prices back then...although I do remember Rum being dirt cheap as you said.

We now only cruise on the west coast since we don't like to fly so only have rememberable comparables with the Mexican Riviera. And in spite of our love of Carnival, their liquor prices aren't that good compared to what I stated above. In fact one guy at our last table from CA said he had a neighborhood liquor store that was better than Carnival's prices ... and I believed him since he drank a lot but didn't buy any onboard liquor.

Archived