Is it worth getting off the ship?

Kellyfkrc

That nice Carnival beach is a man made one we do not care for.Some like it though.. I would suggest an island tour with Bodden or Rony as Roatan is very scenic and they can take you to West Bay beach as well..

What kind of things do you like to do? We are beach people and love to snorkel, so we usually do some type of beach.

If you like the beach, check out my Little French Key review listed in my signature line. The place is absolutely beautiful and breath taking. There are tons of pictures from our day there. :)

We love West End, no crowds like West Bay and Carnivals disney style beach (lots of crowds and a chairlift ride). Nice little shops, long beaches to walk, bars and restaurants. If I could ever get my GF off a ship I could spend months here.

We love West End, no crowds like West Bay and Carnivals disney style beach (lots of crowds and a chairlift ride). Nice little shops, long beaches to walk, bars and restaurants. If I could ever get my GF off a ship I could spend months here.

Could you please explain to me the long beaches to walk in West End?

The only beach I know is Half Moon Bay and it is not long.

There is a a bit of beach between the end of town and Luna Beach Resort.

For the OP ~ It would totally depend on what you seek as to it being worth getting off the ship. I have an almost pathological need to see what is around the next corner so it is always worth it to me. :0)

Edited by Guest 2000

Could you please explain to me the long beaches to walk in West End?

The only beach I know is Half Moon Bay and it is not long.

There is a a bit of beach between the end of town and Luna Beach Resort.

For the OP ~ It would totally depend on what you seek as to it being worth getting off the ship. I have an almost pathological need to see what is around the next corner so it is always worth it to me. :0)

I consider that stretch from Ronnys to Luna a long stretch. I am finding it is debatable on this site whether Ronnys and that area is West End or not. I consider It West End as that is how I have always gotten there, and West end Road goes inland and down past Ronnys. Sorry if that isn't correct. But I think all can agree it is still a nice bit of uncrowded beach.

IMG_0583.jpg.6315c50629c35c6193a13d2af6a5d865.jpg

I consider that stretch from Ronnys to Luna a long stretch. I am finding it is debatable on this site whether Ronnys and that area is West End or not. I consider It West End as that is how I have always gotten there, and West end Road goes inland and down past Ronnys. Sorry if that isn't correct. But I think all can agree it is still a nice bit of uncrowded beach.

Is "Ronny's" the Barefeet Bar or The Lobster Pot?

I agree it is a fair stretch of beach, though about half the length maybe less of West Bay. It is doubtful the average person would get that fair past town. Good on you for exploring.

If you seek long walking beach and few people, pop on over to Sandy Bay.

or

Give Palmetto Bay a go, when looking at the water follow the sand to the left...Marbella is down there..it feels like what West Bay was before people. Hmm I was there several years ago, it is possible it has been developed, but doubtful.

Yep Ronnys barefeet bar. We normally start at one end of town and then walk down to Ronnys. West Bay is just to crowded for me. We love to explore and try to always find new places. Last year we ventured into Belize city and had a blast. Never felt threatened or unsafe. We have been to sandy bay and liked it there too. Some friends went to Palmetto last year, there were 6 of them, had the whole place to themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my!

You really need to get off of the ship.

There are many great places to go and awesome restaurants.

We cruised here a few times & now we spend 2 months every winter here.

We rent a house right on the ocean. If you are there in the winter, you may run into us in West End.

West end: find Esconditos - above a dive shop - I think it is west end divers, but not sure.

Ask where Titas Pink SeaHorse is. Nice beach bar & restaurant on a great beach.

The restaurant is the bar.

It’s laid back & on the beach at the end of town - turning left as you enter town.

I love the shops in West End..

Castaways at Wilson’s Blue Lagoon is a great restaurant on a tiny beach.

But there is not change to enter - they do expect you to eat or drink.

They have a small pool, kayaks, volleyball court and very nice dressing rooms.

It is on the main road, east of Coxen Hole.

Temporary Cal’s is another great restaurant with a view that is amazing + good food.

It is East of Mahogany Bay

The Cameo Factory is not to be missed.

All cameos are hand made - right on site.

You can watch a young girl carving.

Cameos are of girl, turtles, dolphins, palm trees and other Caribbean things.

They are on the main road, west of Coxen Hole.

Don’t stay in Coxen Hole. Nothing worth seeing or buying.

There are good companies that you can reserve ahead or there are private drivers that are good.]You can usually bargain with the private drivers.

We like Island Marketing - a small company on the island that gives very good tours - going where you want to go..

Ask for Norma - she is great.

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy