Carnival Freedom - What is the difference between category rooms, 4a-g?

CampusCruisers

Hello!

Booked an unassigned interior room and just got my room assignment, which is category 4E on the Verandeh deck (Carnival Freedom). I was hoping (fingers crossed!) to get upgraded to an oceanview but sadly was not :(. It's my first cruise and I have no idea what to expect! What's the difference between the room types within category 4? Is 4e any different than a 4a? Interested to know!

The only difference is that you are on a higher deck. So, 4A is on the lowest passenger deck, Riviera. 4B is one deck higher. 4C one deck above that, etc. The cabins themselves are identical. I never really understood what the big deal about being higher up was anyway. Some like to be up higher to be closer to Lido deck, but to me it's not worth paying extra $$$ for that.

Enjoy your first cruise! There is nothing quite like that first one.

Depending on where your room is located, the deck can make a huge difference. For example, if staying on Upper deck on the Freedom you are directly above the Promenade deck which will provide you with interesting noises well into the wee hours. We always book the Empress deck mid ship to be sure we are between two decks of rooms. You may get noise from Lido deck but it is still a good location, in my opinion.

Archived