Weather in Western Caribbean - Next Week

channahon

We are leaving in week on our first cruise. I just looked at the weather forcast for Cuba (since we are sailing around it), Jamaica, Grand Caymen, etc and it is calling for rain everyday through at least mid week. Is it typical to rain daily. Are we in for a sunless vacation or does it rain and then clear up in the Western Caribbean?

On all of the cruises I have been on, only once did we run into a shower, and it lasted maybe 1/2 hour. On our last cruise, people at the ship had a brief sprinkle, while we were on the boat over to St. John and didn't have anything!

Don't worry. I bet it will be perfect weather for you.

Have a fabulous cruise!

I don't think torrential rains will be an issue for you. According to this link, http://travelwithkids.about.com/cs/jamaica/a/jamaicaweather.htm

May and October are the really 'rainy' months. You will likely see what we often see here in Florida - thunderstorms that come fast, rain hard, then move out.

Hope your cruise is all that you hope for - and more!

You can go crazy checking the weather. I wouldn't even bother. In most areas of the Caribbean there's always a chance of rain cuz it's so humid. Chances are if the weather is really bad the ship will go somewhere else to avoid the bad weather. Don't worry about it! :D

for a few minutes like it does in Florida, but the sun usually comes out pretty quick.

Besides even if it does rain its still 85 degrees:)

Your question reminds me of my Hawaiian trip for my 40th birthday. I went to take surfing lessons.

We would be at the beach paddling our boards waiting for a wave, and a cloud would slowly drift across and it would start to sprinkle. You could see people packing their stuff up on the shore, and others getting out of the water and heading to their cars. In a few minutes the sun would come out and the beach would be completely empty for 10 - 15 miutes before the next group headed on down. It was pretty funny.

You're at the beach, it sprinkles and your afraid to get wet....HHhhmmmm

Dave:eek:

We did a Western Caribbean cruise the first week of April 2003.

It rained a couple of times, once at night while we were at sea and once while we were on Grand Cayman. The Grand Cayman shower lasted long enough for us to go inside a beach-front restaurant and order a drink. By the time the drink arrived the sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky. We stayed for a lunch that we thoroughly enjoyed. Needless to say, we were very happy about the rain shower.

We just did a western (Mar. 11-18) and the weather was FABULOUS every day! The forecasts called for some sort of precipitation each day but none of it ever happened during the day. One night after dinner we had a lightening storm and some rain but it didn't last long at all and we were all back inside and sailing by then.

Don't worry about it. You're booked, you're going - don't let weather hold you back or give you concern. You're going to have a wonderful time!

Kim :D

Archived