E-Mail Question

Sharcruiser

I know the answer to this has probably been posted before, but just wondering how the checking of your e-mail works. Does anyone know what the charge per minute is, is there a weekly rate, is there hook ups in your room to bring your lap top - how does that work and what is the charge, what are the general hours they are opened?

Any info you can give would be great.

This is from the HAL WEB PAGE:

Internet Center: As you cruise one part of the world, the rest of the world is never far away. Connect with everyone back home via the Internet. Stay in touch with loved ones, do business, check stock quotes or share vacation experiences in real time.

Each ship's Internet Center offers computers with Internet access and printers. In addition, 802.11b wireless "hot spots" are available on all ships for guests traveling with personal laptop computers with wireless capability. Guests may also rent wireless-equipped laptops onboard.

Vista-Class ships - including ms Oosterdam, ms Westerdam and ms Zuiderdam - access the Internet directly from guest rooms using the dial-up connector on personal laptop computers.

Guests needing to access their home or business e-mail service or other Internet services should remember to bring login username, password, and relevant access information.

~~It doesn't list the price here--But I am sure I read somewhere that it is 75 cents a minute..in the ships Internet Center.

:)

Internet Cafe.

It is $0.75 per minute if you pay as you go with a one-time activation fee of $3.95 when you got in for the first time.

This is an example of the packages that were offered on our 13 day Maasdam cruise this past May:

Time Plan 1: 250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

Time Plan 2: 100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Time Plan 3: 33 minutes for $25 ($0.75 per minute).

Not all ships offer the same plan.

I just printed this to give you an idea of what was offered for us.

:)

Exactly what KK has posted is what was offered our ten day Rotterdam cruise in March and for your b-to-b's (seven days each) on Maasdam over Thanksgiving.

Those are the plans we have seen offered on all of the ships we've been on in the last two years or so.

Archived