Interesting New Ports For Explorer Outta P-Canaveral!

F27TW

Just scanning the itineraries RC is putting Explorer on out of Port Canaveral during her stay there and I'm seeing some pretty untraditional ports for RC .

some of her stops will be:

St Croix (as opposed to STT)

Grand Bahama/Freeport

Costa Maya, Mexico

Bonaire

Curacao

Nice to see some new ports for RC .... I loved the Explorer and may consider one of these more "exotic" destination cruises on her before she heads off to Europe and Australia!

Also surprised not to see a transatlantic repositioniing cruise when she moves from PC to Southampton.

Edited by F27TW

Just scanning the itineraries RC is putting Explorer on out of Port Canaveral during her stay there and I'm seeing some pretty untraditional ports for RC .

Grand Bahama/Freeport

Costa Maya, Mexico

Bonaire

Curacao

Nice to see some new ports for RC .... I loved the Explorer and may consider one of these more "exotic" destination cruises on her before she heads off to Europe and Australia!

Also surprised not to see a transatlantic repositioniing cruise when she moves from PC to Southampton.

I wondering if that is because she's going to dry dock as soon as she gets to Europe?

Also, I like how Royal is using some of the unusual ports. We were in Bonaire in 2009 on Princess and thought it was a pretty neat place (from the few hours that we were actually on the island).

Have to say of all the places we have been in the Caribbean, Bonaire was the worst! Hated it there. Would never go on another cruise that went there. Beach was by far the worst we ever went to. nothing on that island but flat salt flats. BORING!!!!!!

Grand Bahama/Freeport

Costa Maya, Mexico

Bonaire

Curacao

Also surprised not to see a transatlantic repositioning cruise when she moves from PC to Southampton.

Actually, when she leaves Port Canaveral, she will "dead-head" to Cadiz, Spain for her refurbishment. The work will start on the voyage over. I've been told there will be some significant changes and the additional time will be required.

After the refurbishment, she will sail a number of itineraries from/to Southampton before she repositions to Asia from Southampton (starting on 02 October 2015), 58 days to Sydney.

Ray in NH

Actually, when she leaves Port Canaveral, she will "dead-head" to Cadiz, Spain for her refurbishment. The work will start on the voyage over. I've been told there will be some significant changes and the additional time will be required.

After the refurbishment, she will sail a number of itineraries from/to Southampton before she repositions to Asia from Southampton (starting on 02 October 2015), 58 days to Sydney.

Ray in NH

ah, that explains the empty leg then. Im bummed in a way that once she is refurbished, she doesn't come back to America for a bit before heading to Australia ... I'd love to see the changes!

We're scheduled for the Southern Caribbean on Explorer. My wife has always wanted to visit Curacao, so it was an easy choice. But, I have no idea what's worth seeing/doing while we're there. Any help is appreciated.

We're scheduled for the Southern Caribbean on Explorer. My wife has always wanted to visit Curacao, so it was an easy choice. But, I have no idea what's worth seeing/doing while we're there. Any help is appreciated.

Curacao is beautiful! They have a nice Nautical museum, beaches and floating bridge. I visited a couple of years ago, really enjoyed the Nautical museum and stopped at the oldest Synagogue. There is lots of information on the Curacao port of call board.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Grand Bahama/Freeport

Costa Maya, Mexico

Bonaire

Curacao

Nice to see some new ports for RC .... I loved the Explorer and may consider one of these more "exotic" destination cruises on her before she heads off to Europe and Australia

I wouldn't necessarily describe these ports as "new" to RC. St Crois, Curaçao and Costa Maya have had numerous ships sailing there, and Bonaire had also had ships dock there previously.

Granted grand bahama and Bonaire are not as frequently used but they are not exactly new to RC either.

Edited by Spurschick

Yes.....These are not new ports to Royal Caribbean. We've been cruising to these islands for years. They ARE new to the Explorer, though.

We absolutely love Bonaire and Costa Maya. Bonaire is absolutely beautiful. The snorkeling is unrivaled anywhere. Just a wonderful port of call in my opinion.

Also Costa Maya is so unspoiled. We've spent many great beach days there with Jaime at Nohoch Kay. Can't wait to get back to both of these ports in 2015.

Have to say of all the places we have been in the Caribbean, Bonaire was the worst! Hated it there. Would never go on another cruise that went there. Beach was by far the worst we ever went to. nothing on that island but flat salt flats. BORING!!!!!!

:o But thankfully you have the means and opportunity to be able to visit different cultures and enjoy the blue skies and calm seas....many do not

Bonaire's beauty lies beneath the waves

ah, that explains the empty leg then. Im bummed in a way that once she is refurbished, she doesn't come back to America for a bit before heading to Australia ... I'd love to see the changes!

We're heading to London next year to do a 13 night on her from Southampton! Can't wait to see the post-drydock version!