Steak House Free Bottle of Wine ??

spideyfam

I know you get a free bottle of wine on the first night of the cruise.

Is it one bottle of wine per table or per couple??

We are going with another couple (maybe 2 other couples). I would just like to know if the go by table or S&S account.

Thank you in advance.

I have read here a few different times that the policy is one bottle per reservation, so that means for the entire party. I'm very disappointed, because we are also traveling with others... and honestly, I don't think it's very fair! If they'd give one couple dining alone a bottle of wine, yet not increase the wine while adding another couple (and now the cost of dining has increased 100%), it just seems to me to be reason enough to skip dining in the steakhouse!

I know you get a free bottle of wine on the first night of the cruise.

Is it one bottle of wine per table or per couple??

We are going with another couple (maybe 2 other couples). I would just like to know if the go by table or S&S account.

Thank you in advance.

It's one bottle per reservation, be it 2 or 20... one bottle...

:)

I have read here a few different times that the policy is one bottle per reservation, so that means for the entire party. I'm very disappointed, because we are also traveling with others... and honestly, I don't think it's very fair! If they'd give one couple dining alone a bottle of wine, yet not increase the wine while adding another couple (and now the cost of dining has increased 100%), it just seems to me to be reason enough to skip dining in the steakhouse!

So, you would skip dining all together in the steakhouse for your entire cruise, just because they don't give out a free bottle for each couple at the table? :confused:

That seems a little extreme to me.....

So, you would skip dining all together in the steakhouse for your entire cruise, just because they don't give out a free bottle for each couple at the table? :confused:

Well, we were undecided, but leaning toward not dining there. Then I heard about the first night deal... which made us lean toward going. But now, we're back to leaning in our original direction. :)

I already paid for my food in the MDR, and I tend to enjoy dining there.

Okay I am a first time cruiser, Miracle 9/25/11, so if you have reservations at the steakhouse you get a bottle of wine with your dinner? Sounds like a pleasant surprise to me.

Free bottle of wine is only for the first night.

Okay I am a first time cruiser, Miracle 9/25/11, so if you have reservations at the steakhouse you get a bottle of wine with your dinner? Sounds like a pleasant surprise to me.

The steakhouse is usually not crowded ( especially first night ). They had to do something to get people there. Free bottle of low cost wine seems to have gotten some interested.

What would prevent people from making seperate reservations for the same dining time and then choose to sit together once they arrive?

And once everyone is seated at the table, they bring one bottle. Or, if they have already brought the bottle, they will not bring another free bottle for the next couple who sit at the same table.

I was just going to write the same thing - I think it's a pretty good deal - They don't have to give it and if you were planning on going to the steakhouse what difference does it make???

And once everyone is seated at the table, they bring one bottle. Or, if they have already brought the bottle, they will not bring another free bottle for the next couple who sit at the same table.

I was thinking about making 3 reservation and ask to sit together, but I have a feeling they would do this.

Waitaminute....We could bring walkie talkies and still talk and get 3 bottles of wine!!

I was thinking about making 3 reservation and ask to sit together, but I have a feeling they would do this.

Waitaminute....We could bring walkie talkies and still talk and get 3 bottles of wine!!

Thats a 10-4... over and out. :p

free bottle sounds good to me.....can one make reservations on line or call a month prior to departure?

you can go to your booking on carnivals site, go to activites and reserve that way or go to Johns Blog and on the bottom right hand corner

It's only a very cheap bottle of wine. What you'd get at a wine outlet for $2-$3 a bottle. Hardly anything to get excited about. You don't get to choose the wine from their wine list. Sometimes they ask if you want red or white, but not always -- sometimes you just get what they give you whether you want that kind or not. It's just a small token to thank you for visiting on the first night, which is usually slower for them.

One bottle per table first night no matter how many at the table was our last experience.

It's one bottle per reservation, be it 2 or 20... one bottle...

:)

Ahhhh, but what if it's a party of one, dining solo??

Any guesses on how that was handled??

It's only a very cheap bottle of wine. What you'd get at a wine outlet for $2-$3 a bottle. Hardly anything to get excited about. You don't get to choose the wine from their wine list. Sometimes they ask if you want red or white, but not always -- sometimes you just get what they give you whether you want that kind or not. It's just a small token to thank you for visiting on the first night, which is usually slower for them.

It may not be a fine wine however the wine I received (red) was actually quite nice. It was smooth and went well with my Steak.

Certainly the truth. Truly a 'table red'. But then again, that same wine is probably going for 6.50 a glass at any bar on the ship, so I guess it depends on how you determine the value of it. On a ship, if it's free and it has alcohol in it, guess thats a win.

Archived