First Cruise Booked on Regent Mariner

penfriend

My wife and I are new to both cruising and to CruiseCritic and are impressed with what we have read here and the sense of community. We have just finished booking our first cruise ever with Regent from Barcelona to Rio next November 20. We are not new to travelling, only to cruising. We have great expectations and are keen to absorb the wit and wisdom of this forum. Thanks in advance for your generous help and advice as we do our detailed planning.:)

My hubby HATED cruising... The crowds, tuxes, owing more than the cruise at check out.... Signing for everything. Well he just hated everything about cruising and then we found Regent. Our lives changed, he was hooked on the smaller ships, cruisers all seemed to be well educated, well traveled and about our age or at least 50 and above. The smaller and casual atmosphere is just up his alley.

Once you try Regent you will be spoiled for life!!! Welcome aboard :)

My husband and I took our first cruise 8 years ago. Hated it. :( Swore we would never do it again. A friend asked me to cruise with her a couple of years later and let me pick the destination. I came home with a brand new attitude. My husband finally agreed to try it again a couple of years after that. That time he fell in love and we booked again. He fell even more in love. New we are booked again. My fifth cruise - all with Regent! LTM!

Hope you enjoy it - the first time! :)

My wife and I are new to both cruising and to CruiseCritic and are impressed with what we have read here and the sense of community. We have just finished booking our first cruise ever with Regent from Barcelona to Rio next November 20. We are not new to travelling, only to cruising. We have great expectations and are keen to absorb the wit and wisdom of this forum. Thanks in advance for your generous help and advice as we do our detailed planning.:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Hi penfriend, I am another "newbie" and Regent will be our first cruise since a couple of Windjammer (RIP) cruises about 20 years ago. We are celebrating two big birthdays and are looking forward to the Regent experience very much. Good luck and happy reading! There is so much to learn here on the boards. :)

:DWe are also on Mariner from Barcelona to Rio 11/20 - 12/8....The Mariner is our favorite ship at sea. The decor of the vessel is like going through a coffee table book of Art Deco by Erte himself. I have a folder of pictures I took on our first Mariner cruise from Sidney to Los Angeles in 2009...I can email some of them if you wish. We are Rob and Teddy at usc@interisland.net The Mariner is the smoothest riding ship you are likely to sail on....Cabins and suites are great !!!....It is a long time until 11/20/2013.......Let me know if you wish to see some of my photos, Rob.

:DWe are also on Mariner from Barcelona to Rio 11/20 - 12/8....The Mariner is our favorite ship at sea. The decor of the vessel is like going through a coffee table book of Art Deco by Erte himself. I have a folder of pictures I took on our first Mariner cruise from Sidney to Los Angeles in 2009...I can email some of them if you wish. We are Rob and Teddy at usc@interisland.net The Mariner is the smoothest riding ship you are likely to sail on....Cabins and suites are great !!!....It is a long time until 11/20/2013.......Let me know if you wish to see some of my photos, Rob.

Rob

That is very generous of you. We would love to see your pictures and benefit from your experience. We are Eric and Sue, and live in Ottawa, Canada.

eyendall@rogers.com.

Eric

Hi Penfriend--

We are neighbors (sort of)....! We live near Syracuse, so you're just a few hours north of us. We love visiting Ottawa! (Think you'll have enough ice to skate on the canal this year?!:))

Six years ago, when I retired from teaching, my husband asked what I wanted to do to celebrate, and I replied, "This..." as I showed him a Regent brochure. He didn't really want to go, but was so glad afterwards that I convinced him! That was our first experience on a small ship (Navigator), and we've never looked back.

Hope you enjoy the Regent experience as much as we do!

We have just returned from our first Regent cruise. Monte Carlo to Rio on the Mariner. The cruise (our 13th) was FABULOUS!!!! We are spoiled for life!
:D We will be doing the same cruise next Nov. 20- Dec.8 2013.....May I ask who your Captain, General Manager and Dining Room Manager(Head Maitre'D) were.???....Thanks for any information that you might give...Rob:cool:

Hi Penfriend--

We are neighbors (sort of)....! We live near Syracuse, so you're just a few hours north of us. We love visiting Ottawa! (Think you'll have enough ice to skate on the canal this year?!:))

Six years ago, when I retired from teaching, my husband asked what I wanted to do to celebrate, and I replied, "This..." as I showed him a Regent brochure. He didn't really want to go, but was so glad afterwards that I convinced him! That was our first experience on a small ship (Navigator), and we've never looked back.

Hope you enjoy the Regent experience as much as we do!

Hi Sheltieluv

Yes, we are not so far away. We often go down to Syracuse for some cross-border shopping. We were friends with a couple who lived in DeWitt but one died and his widow moved away.

I am sure our experience on Regent will mirror yours. It's very hard to find a negative review about Regent.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

Eric

Archived