Port Canaveral Hotels

StorkRN

We are cruising in April on Freedom. There are 15 of us traveling. We are going to Florida a day early. Can anyone give us suggestions for the name of a hotel near the Port Canaveral Cruise Port? We would like somewhere reasonably priced, but not breaking the budget. Thanks in advanced!

We are cruising in April on Freedom. There are 15 of us traveling. We are going to Florida a day early. Can anyone give us suggestions for the name of a hotel near the Port Canaveral Cruise Port? We would like somewhere reasonably priced, but not breaking the budget. Thanks in advanced!

Residence Inn has 2 bedroom suites that might keep the price down. Nice, clean, newer hotel with interior corridors.

We have always stayed at Radisson at the Port. Nice hotel, restaurant and they shuttle you to the cruise port.

I second this location but it was easier to take a cab van to the port. The wait for the hotel bus was very long unless you got there early. With 15 people you would almost fill the bus with just your party.

Do you absolutely have to be able to see the ship from your hotel on boarding morning?

If not, check out Cocoa Beach hotels. Your choices are much greater than the 2 or 3 places right next to the port. Its only a few miles south of the Port and there are some very resonably priced, nice places to stay. The Florida Departures forum here on CC is a BIG help!

Personally, I like the Laquinta Inn on North Atlantic Ave. its an older hotel but very nicely refurbished, its clean, reasonably priced and has a wonderful Asian restaurant on the property.

Florida hotel and conferences centre, check it on trip advisor, brilliant reviews and thousands of them, its also joined onto Florida Mall, shopping heaven. This is where we are staying when we go on Freedom departing from Port Canaveral, goodluck with whatever u choose :)

Florida hotel and conferences centre, check it on trip advisor, brilliant reviews and thousands of them, its also joined onto Florida Mall, shopping heaven. This is where we are staying when we go on Freedom departing from Port Canaveral, goodluck with whatever u choose :)

That hotel is over an hour away from the cruise port though. Lots of shopping and things but not close to the port.

That hotel is over an hour away from the cruise port though. Lots of shopping and things but not close to the port.

Lol! Ok, now I will admit that I dont HAVE to see the ship from my hotel on boarding morning but I would be going crazy not to at least be waking up in a place within a few miles of the port that morning! :eek::p

We stayed at the Raddison three times in the last 5 years, the last being in 2012.

The resort is starting to show its age, but still nice.

It has a beautiful pool, and it is BIG.

Never saw any bugs, kept very clean.

Sleep number beds, old re-furbished bathrooms, showers ok.

For the price was ok, if we ever cruise out of there again, will look for something different for a change, maybe on the beach.

Sea Ya

My vote goes to Country Inn & Suites Port Canaveral. Stayed many times and it has a great shuttle service and includes breakfast (saves some $$$). And it is closest to the pier. I like looking out in the morning and seeing the ship... Just another option!

Lol! Ok, now I will admit that I dont HAVE to see the ship from my hotel on boarding morning but I would be going crazy not to at least be waking up in a place within a few miles of the port that morning! :eek::p

We prefer to stay closer to the port too. We stayed at the Hampton Inn when we sailed on the Freedom in August. Didn't have an issue staying a few miles down the road but the hotel was older. The lobby was clean and refurbished but the room was old and had that old hotel room smell to it. The hotel also had outdoor corridors, which I don't like, not as safe.

We will do Residence Inn again next time. We booked fairly last minute and Residence Inn didn't have any rewards rooms left so we went with Hampton Inn since they did have reward rooms..

I have reservations at a Best Western $116 per night that has a shuttle to the port. The reservations that I have are in May which may be a little bit on their shoulder season but we alway try to stay with a Best Western, never been disappointed.:)