Danube River Cruises (on Uniworld ships) with daily bike tours

ewizabeff

I did a quick search and didn't see anything about this...

Butterfield & Robinson appears to have chartered some Uniworld ships on specific dates to offer river cruises with daily biking excursions on the Danube. They certainly charge more than Uniworld though, with prices starting at $7,495 per person on a 7-night Budapest to Passau itinerary. Yikes! I'll stick with the 1-2 biking excursions offered on a normal cruise.

Uniworld and Butterfield add more biking river cruises

Ewizabeff, interesting to see this. Believe it or not there were FOUR bike tours offered on the current Budapest-Passau itinerary that we just completed. One in Budapest, one between Durnstein and Melk, one in Linz, and one in Passau. That is more than I remember compared to past trips.

We were very careful to keep our perfect streak intact. For the third cruise in a row, we didn't take any of them! :D

As I creep on the Bucharest to Budapest itinerary (it's only a matter of time) I noticed that they have two offered there, as well. We did the Engerhartzel to Passau bike trip when we were on the River Ambassador, and we loved it. I probably would have tried a couple on your itinerary. :)

Ewizabeff, interesting to see this. Believe it or not there were FOUR bike tours offered on the current Budapest-Passau itinerary that we just completed. One in Budapest, one between Durnstein and Melk, one in Linz, and one in Passau. That is more than I remember compared to past trips :D

I will be taking one of the Crystal Mozart inaugural season Danube river cruises this summer and they too are offering bike tours in four of the ports on our ten day roundtrip Vienna itinerary. All as per the above with the exception of Linz, the fourth port with a bike tour on the Mozart itinerary is Bratislava...

Anne...

As I creep on the Bucharest to Budapest itinerary (it's only a matter of time) I noticed that they have two offered there, as well. We did the Engerhartzel to Passau bike trip when we were on the River Ambassador, and we loved it. I probably would have tried a couple on your itinerary. :)

How long was the bike ride from Engerhartzel to Passau? And how fit were those who participated?

How long was the bike ride from Engerhartzel to Passau? And how fit were those who participated?

I can't answer the first question but on our Uniworld Budapest to Amsterdam cruise last summer when they discussed the bike trips there was always the announcement "if you haven't been on a bike in years, now is not the time to decide to participate in this excursion" or something similar. My DB and SIL - he bikes about 15 miles a day; she bikes maybe 15 miles a week - participated in 2 of the excursions and said everyone was fit and had no trouble keeping up.

We just returned from Uniworld Paris to Normandy. Indeed Biking tours were included as well as the use of 14 bikes. While we did not take advantage of the biking tours we met others who did and loved the trips.

We just returned from Uniworld Paris to Normandy. Indeed Biking tours were included as well as the use of 14 bikes. While we did not take advantage of the biking tours we met others who did and loved the trips.

How was your cruise? Our Uniworld Paris to Normandy and then Lyon to Avignon cruises begin two weeks from Sunday. My DB and SIL have already highlighted the bike tours!