Question About Port Everglades and Embarkation

shader24

Hello all, just wanted to ask this helpful bunch of folks a couple of logistical questions about embarkation day and the Airport/Terminal area.

We are a large group (14) with an equal mix of children/Adults and never cruised before to 5 cruises (3 on RCI but never on Oasis class until now).

I wanted to surprise the ladies in our group with a manicure/pedicure session at a location close to the terminal. We are all arriving at the FLL airport around 10:30 am Sunday before sailing later Sunday afternoon on the Allure.

My questions are:

1. Are taxi's the best way to get to the Port from the Airport?

2. What Port Terminal does the Allure normally sail from at Port Everglades?

3. What would be the best way to get the girls to a Salon near the Terminal if we are using a taxi?

4. Can we get to the port, unload our bags then catch a taxi or if nearby walk to a local nail salon prior to boarding?

5. Any good recommendations for a nail salon in the Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale area?

6. Can we board the ship. then disembark for the nail salon then re-board the ship when the girls are done?

Sorry about the number of questions but I really could use the help and assistance. My basic question is this: What's the best way to treat the ladies without having to schlep luggage around Fort Lauderdale as well as taking two taxi's just to get to Port Everglades?

Hello all, just wanted to ask this helpful bunch of folks a couple of logistical questions about embarkation day and the Airport/Terminal area.

We are a large group (14) with an equal mix of children/Adults and never cruised before to 5 cruises (3 on RCI but never on Oasis class until now).

I wanted to surprise the ladies in our group with a manicure/pedicure session at a location close to the terminal. We are all arriving at the FLL airport around 10:30 am Sunday before sailing later Sunday afternoon on the Allure.

My questions are:

1. Are taxi's the best way to get to the Port from the Airport? Yes - you can get 3 van taxis that hold 5 passengers each and luggage.

2. What Port Terminal does the Allure normally sail from at Port Everglades? Terminal 18. For info on the port and a map, check out http://www.porteverglades.net

3. What would be the best way to get the girls to a Salon near the Terminal if we are using a taxi? are the women checking in separately? If so they can take their own taxi to the Salon.

4. Can we get to the port, unload our bags then catch a taxi or if nearby walk to a local nail salon prior to boarding? You can unload your bags but you won't be walking anywhere since Port Everglades is a large, industrial port and terminal 18 isn't near the 17th street shopping area. Is everyone else in your party planning to check in on their own? I know you can do that on Princess (everyone in the stateroom doesn't need to check in at the same time) but I don't know Royal Caribbean's policy. Someone will probably chime in on that.

5. Any good recommendations for a nail salon in the Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale area? Royalcruz, a very helpful regular on this board, has made a recommendation before but I can't find it. Hopefully she'll see your question and provide a recommendation.

6. Can we board the ship. then disembark for the nail salon then re-board the ship when the girls are done? Just make sure you are back on time!

Sorry about the number of questions but I really could use the help and assistance. My basic question is this: What's the best way to treat the ladies without having to schlep luggage around Fort Lauderdale as well as taking two taxi's just to get to Port Everglades?

See my answers in red.

Hi. I mentioned on another thread that my friend goes to nail tech Amanda at Toi Spa. Other Nail salons in the area are Harbor Nails, Nail Port, Forever Nails, Nails by Cindy, and Ultimate Nail Spa. These are all within a mile of the port. I'm sure that one of them will have Sunday hours. You won't want to walk there from terminal 18 but you can Uber or taxi there. Just google map one of these, then use the search nearby button to find all of the others. :)

Capriccio,

Originally Posted by shader24 View Post

My questions are:

1. Are taxi's the best way to get to the Port from the Airport? Yes - you can get 3 van taxis that hold 5 passengers each and luggage.

2. What Port Terminal does the Allure normally sail from at Port Everglades? Terminal 18. For info on the port and a map, check out http://www.porteverglades.net3. What would be the best way to get the girls to a Salon near the Terminal if we are using a taxi? are the women checking in separately? If so they can take their own taxi to the Salon.

4. Can we get to the port, unload our bags then catch a taxi or if nearby walk to a local nail salon prior to boarding? You can unload your bags but you won't be walking anywhere since Port Everglades is a large, industrial port and terminal 18 isn't near the 17th street shopping area. Is everyone else in your party planning to check in on their own? I know you can do that on Princess (everyone in the stateroom doesn't need to check in at the same time) but I don't know Royal Caribbean's policy. Someone will probably chime in on that.5. Any good recommendations for a nail salon in the Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale area? Royalcruz, a very helpful regular on this board, has made a recommendation before but I can't find it. Hopefully she'll see your question and provide a recommendation.

6. Can we board the ship. then disembark for the nail salon then re-board the ship when the girls are done? Just make sure you are back on time!

See my answers in red.

Thank you for your advice and information!!! In response to your specific answers,#3. No, the women aren't checking in separately. So I guess we'll just have to take a taxi to the salon from the airport and wait for the girls and then head over to the Port. Or perhaps we'll just have some of the guys get on board and some of us will go with the ladies to the salon and then the rest of us will board with them.

Also, Thanks for the note about the distance to the "local salons". It appears taking a taxi or Uber would be the best method of getting to and from the salon of choice.

Edited by shader24

All passenger in a cabin must check in at the same time. Why hassle with all that running around with taxi's. Just make appointments for them in the Spa on the ship. You can book the appointment and pay right online. This way you know everyone is onboard the ship and not have to be rushed at the beginning of a vacation. Just a suggestion.

Donna, You're right it would be simpler but the cost for 8 ladies at RCCL prices is slightly higher than I would be handle on my own. I'm always open to suggestions however, it just seems like we can get a more affordable price off the ship especially with that number of people. Thanks again though

All passenger in a cabin must check in at the same time. Why hassle with all that running around with taxi's. Just make appointments for them in the Spa on the ship. You can book the appointment and pay right online. This way you know everyone is onboard the ship and not have to be rushed at the beginning of a vacation. Just a suggestion.

My husband and I did not check in at the same time for our April 10th cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.

Maybe just me, but I would not want to complicate boarding day with a trip to the nail salon for 8, ESPECIALLY if you are flying in same day.

Why can't everyone just have their nails done the day before?