Interior Rooms-Set up for four people?

My sister, her husband and two kids (Ages 8 and 9) are interested in an interior on AOS. How bad is it fitting 4 into an interior? I am trying to convince them to do connecting rooms, but want to explain what four in a room may be. Also, there is no ability to get 6 into one suite, is there?

My sister, her husband and two kids (Ages 8 and 9) are interested in an interior on AOS. How bad is it fitting 4 into an interior? I am trying to convince them to do connecting rooms, but want to explain what four in a room may be. Also, there is no ability to get 6 into one suite, is there?

Simple answer to 4 in a stateroom = 1 bathroom... tell them that and how much better it will be when getting ready for a dinner having 2 staterooms and that may persuade them !

We've cruised twice in inside rooms with four of us. No problem. Four adults might be tight but with two kids its really not a problem. On a seven day cruise it always meant a savings (over two inside rooms) of at least $1000. For that kind of cash I can do four in a room.

Our kids were 8 and 12 the first time, and 10 and 14 the second so they were not 'small' kids. It just takes a bit of organization, thats all.

The two extra beds are uppers and the cabin steward usually only pulls them out of the wall/ceiling at night. So they are not really in your way, you would just have twice as many clothes in the drawers and to hang up.

The husband or if there is a son can usually go to the spa and take a shower before dinner if everyone tends to shower at the same time before dress up night.

We cruise all of the time in interior cabins, and a couple of the times, we cruised with 4 in a cabin. It worked out just fine. The only time we were all in together were to get ready for dinner. We all got up at different times and then we usually planned accordingly for dinner, such as some would go early, in the middle, and then one right up until start of dinner.

But of course if you are in the cabin with little kids, like your sister's, 8 and 9, they will probably all be in at the same time, but its the only way we can cruise, so we take whatever we can get. She will have a great time in the interior.

The husband or if there is a son can usually go to the spa and take a shower before dinner if everyone tends to shower at the same time before dress up night.

Well, doesn't that sound fun. Poor husband (who probably paid for the cruise) can't even use his bathroom shower! Hey, whatever floats your boat. Pun intended!

Agreee.... I have yet to figure out why anyone would want to lug their change of clothing, personal items, etc.... to the spa just to take a shower to free up some bathroom space in a stateroom ! Follow a schedule and that could possibly solve the problem !

Agreee.... I have yet to figure out why anyone would want to lug their change of clothing, personal items, etc.... to the spa just to take a shower to free up some bathroom space in a stateroom ! Follow a schedule and that could possibly solve the problem !

Yeah, as I said we've done it a couple times and we never had an issue with one washroom. I didn't even know you could use the spa to shower.

My DS did it in an OV on GOS with a 3 and a 6 year old. My DH and I did it in a balcony on GOS with a 14 and 17 year old. Never again. I too love my privacy and value my space. If it means we go on older, less expensive trips to get that second cabin, then so be it:D

Thanks to all for your responses and especially the picture. I will use that to send on to her. They are pretty simple people so I don't think it would be too much of a problem for them to be organized and fit all four. Surprisingly though, it is only about $150 more for them to do two adjoining rooms.

Thanks to all for your responses and especially the picture. I will use that to send on to her. They are pretty simple people so I don't think it would be too much of a problem for them to be organized and fit all four. Surprisingly though, it is only about $150 more for them to do two adjoining rooms.

OMG... $150.00 more to have the 2 staterooms instead of one ??? Well worth the minimal difference for the advantages it would provide !

OMG... $150.00 more to have the 2 staterooms instead of one ??? Well worth the minimal difference for the advantages it would provide !

We did our first cruise in 2006; family of 4 in one room. We had a wonderful time; became cruise addicts. :) In 2007, we put our kids in an interior room across the hall from us and it was cruise heaven with that additional bathroom, extra space, and privacy. For that minimal difference, I would definitely go with the 2 staterooms.

Also, there is no ability to get 6 into one suite, is there?

To answer your other question, most RCCL ships have Royal Family Suites which will hold up to 8 people. They have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. They require a minimum of 5 people to book and cannot be booked over the internet.

If you are just trying to fit 6 people in one room, RCCL also has several different types of family staterooms (not suites) that will accommodate up to 6 people. Again these require a minimum of 5 people to book and cannot be booked over the internet. These family staterooms include Family Inside Staterooms (Freedom class and certain Vision class ships), Family Promenade Staterooms (Freedom class only), and Family Oceanview staterooms. These staterooms only have 1 bathroom as opposed to the RFS which has 2 bathrooms.

My husband did just that a couple of times when our kids were younger and we shared a cabin with them. He really preferred it to the cramped quarters of our cabin space while everyone was jockeying for space. But he didn't take a lot of personal items along, he wore a bathing suit down there and back, along with a T-shirt. Just a small travel size of shampoo and conditioner, he used their shower soap and shaved in our cabin after he got back.

B:)ttom line ....it depends on how much you want to spend or how often you want to cruise....we have 5 kids....the two youngest are in a cabin with us, and the 3 other girls are usually in an adjoining room or across the hall. We cruise once a year, and will sacrifice the space so we can...even this coming December on the Explorer in 2 insides for 9 days!! Sure I would love to have 3 cabins and oceanviews, but I would rather cruise more often than have a bigger or more expensive room.

Actually, we love the two uppers for the kids,...we send them up there to read or play Gameboy and they have their own space...it really is OK!!

Archived