Maya Key Private Island???

Pisgah

We went to Maya Key last March through Carnival and it is now our favorite place! It's a short but nice boat ride over to the island where you are greeted at the pier and given info about Maya Key and what they have to offer. The snorkeling off the long pier is great (you can go with a guide or follow markers but just make sure you go out far enough where the reefs are beautiful)! The lunch provided was tasty and if you choose to have an alcoholic beverage the prices are in line with the ship's prices. The animal sanctuary along the beach is really neat. It wasn't crowded at all and felt almost like our own private island...would highly recommend!!

We enjoyed it last fall, but felt it was over-priced. The food was so-so, bar prices not a bargin.

We enjoyed it a lot, but for the money, not a good value in our opinion.

That's what concerns me. Though it sounds like a wonderful time and most people have given this good ratings, I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth the money. It does seem a little pricey. But I'm struggling to find something else to do at this port that I would like.

<snip>But I'm struggling to find something else to do at this port that I would like.</snip>

Make it a boat day! :)

That's what we did in Belize. ;)

Could find anything :confused: that we wanted to do in Belize, so stayed on board and enjoyed the specials at the spa!

We also had our choice of lounge chairs around the pool because all the chair-hogs were ashore. :D

Did some research on the Maya Key Private Island retreat in Roatan. Sounds like a great place. Has anyone been there? Sailing on Carnival Liberty in Oct.

If you go to the information center thats there, right by the car rental, before you walk out of the port, ask the person at the counter if you can get a taxi ride to a place called Frenchy's 44. Just got back from our April. 7th Western that stopped here. 4 cruises in this is the best place i've been to. The owner of the place takes you to his private island, there is 2 bars, and for 44$ you get a GREAT lunch, the first drink on the house and snorkeling gear. I didn't personally go snorkeling, but we watched the owner drive a group over the the reef on his boat. We spent the entire day here, and there might have only been 20 people on the island. No cruise crowds to deal with here, amazing service. And there are monkeys you can play with also. My GF and I are 25, we took my mother with us to this place, everyone enjoyed the day. The GF and I almost booked another cruise same itinerary just so we could get back to this specific spot. They have only been open 6 months. Won't post pictures, i wouldn't want to ruin the suprize

We loved our day at Maya Key. Nice sandy beach, pleanty of beach chairs, nice pool if your not a beach person, the animals and museum offer a nice break when your tired of the beach, and nice gift shop. The facilities are clean and well maintained. My family wants to go back the next time we're in Roatan.:)

Archived