Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

The official limit is 6 people. We prefer 4 and have had both beach S1 on barefoot beach (bring water shoes, as beach is a bit rough!!!) and over the water on nellies. We have 4 adults and it gives each of us room to stretch out. I have seem many people with 8 (usually 4 adults and some kids) and it seemed to work well for them and no one was asked to leave.

Edited by jes Scott

• 3 weeks later...

If the over the water cabanas on Barefoot Beach are for Suite guest only when can a suite guest reserve them...prior to the cruise? With onboard Concierge? And which cabana is most over the water?

If the over the water cabanas on Barefoot Beach are for Suite guest only when can a suite guest reserve them...prior to the cruise? With onboard Concierge? And which cabana is most over the water?

I contacted the concierge via email about 10-12 days before our cruise. We had already reserved a cabana on NB but wanted to switch to BB. He said it wouldn't be a problem at all and to just check with him in the CL on the first day. I think most of the cabanas were rented when we were there but it didn't seem to be any problem at all getting it reserved. Maybe because of the recent price increase I'm thinking. Everything went smoothly - - Raj cancelled our NB reservation and booked our new BB reservation - - and we were assigned OW #2 on BB. I thought all of the OW ones had great views. The people in OW #1 were literally only in their cabana for 20 minutes tops the whole day so it was very private for us. OW #1 is the furthest away from the beach area but I thought all of the ones in this section (OW #1 to OW #6) had good over the water qualities. To enter the water from our cabana though, we had to walk around the back of our cabana and down a few steps that were between OW #2 and OW #3. I think this access was used for 4 cabanas OW # 1 to 4.

Cheri

IMG_0366.jpg.58ce479762bd172fa41ad8c78a2f128c.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg.11aea7b8ad6da2b6bf1f5036809bd897.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg.b6417964b949e1dedd4d7e6f4452a8cc.jpg

Really appreciate the feedback, that is what we love about CC!. Now my wife and I have the info we need to make our decision. I prefer to stay on ship and enjoy the view from our balcony, she on the other hand, wants to rent one of these. I guess my last question is this...it is worth the money?

Really appreciate the feedback, that is what we love about CC!. Now my wife and I have the info we need to make our decision. I prefer to stay on ship and enjoy the view from our balcony, she on the other hand, wants to rent one of these. I guess my last question is this...it is worth the money?

For me, yes it was worth every penny. I travelled with my family of 4 on IOS during spring break so it felt like a very crowded cruise ship and I appreciated the private space the cabana afforded. I also needed a "home base" for my two teenagers to go off on their own and come back to us to check in every so often. I had booked the NB cabana before the price increase but given the experience I would book a OW cabana again even at the new price. I look at the cost on a per person price and consider it fairly reasonable even at the new price.

For you, maybe its worth it, maybe not. Maybe the old saying applies for you though - - "Happy wife, happy life"?

Cheri

Just started reading the thread....can't see the pictures on page 1 (well...I can see a few, but not all). Is there a trick I missed. Sorry if this has been asked already in this thread. Just started and haven't gotten through all 25 pages.

We were a group of 6 and used our cabana as a home base. It was absolutely the best day of the cruise. We did a Nellie's Beach over the water Cabana and we will do it again next year! It really was a highlight!9939dbdcbd5f5e03d3da0b8318a54585.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just started reading the thread....can't see the pictures on page 1 (well...I can see a few, but not all). Is there a trick I missed. Sorry if this has been asked already in this thread. Just started and haven't gotten through all 25 pages.

Usually when you post pics on CC, they are originally upload to a picture sharing site, like photobucket, and then the link to each picture is posted. So the pictures you can't see may have been removed from the photo-sharing website. This may happen if they run out of space to upload new photos to the sharing website.

After reading this post I am feeling like I am really sorry we booked a cruise with Labadee. I hope someone can alleviate my fears. We have 7 kids in our party, 3 under 5 and the beaches seem so small and I was surprised how far down the trees go to the water. I have been to Cococay and expected a larger version of that. And it seems like it is going to be a very long walk to the beach. Should we plan on just staying on the ship that day? We also have a family member in a wheelchair. Is it able to handle a wheelchair?

After reading this post I am feeling like I am really sorry we booked a cruise with Labadee. I hope someone can alleviate my fears. We have 7 kids in our party, 3 under 5 and the beaches seem so small and I was surprised how far down the trees go to the water. I have been to Cococay and expected a larger version of that. And it seems like it is going to be a very long walk to the beach. Should we plan on just staying on the ship that day? We also have a family member in a wheelchair. Is it able to handle a wheelchair?

Do not worry, they have golf carts running all day back an forth on labadee. Actually we find it nicer then cococay. You will all love it! You have your choice of different "beach" locations on labadee.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows what up with this;

"Important Notes

The carriage ride is based on 4 Guests per buggy.

In the event of inclement weather, a sedan or Limousine will be used in place of a horse and carriage.

The restaurant menu is set with a main course selection.

You will have a choice of either red or white wine.

Guests must be able to walk approximately 25 yards over even surfaces with 2 to 3 steps.

There are two large steps to get into the buggy."

..it is stated with the Beach Cabana Rental At Nellie's Beach (295 USD) shore ex in the cruise planner section of the X website?

It's not a long walk at all, but there are trams if you like. Variety of beaches, nellies is great for kids. Take water shoes! There can be some coral/shells that can be rough on the feet. There are special beach wheelchairs with" bouncy wheels" that work great on sand.

Enjoy!

I think you are getting the wrong impression. Labadee is actually much nicer then cococay. They have large golf cart vehicles suitable for those who have difficulty walking or just prefer not too. They run all day. They also have handicapped accessible cabanas at Nellies Beach which would be perfect for your family. The cabana's include a butler who can help you all day, securing drinks for your family and making sure you have the golf carts bring you to and from the ship. Once on the beach- not difficult to get around.

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope DH will appreciate his birthday present... I just booked an Over the Water cabana for our November cruise :) I didn't think there would be availability, but for some reason there was (81 days out). It was also not $495 :eek: I love DH but not that much (approx. $275 with current exchange rate).

Are there any pictures of the new cabanas on Columbus Cove yet?

I've been following closely to see if there are any updates on these. Royal is calling them "Beach Bungalows." This thread shows something of the same name at CocoCay, that I expect are very similar if not identical to those on Labadee. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2385471