Jolly Pirates Sunset Sail?

mimxmom

Has anyone done this? Was it fun? Any idea how it would be in December? It departs at 5:30pm local time so wondering how soon it gets dark at that time of year? TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Though we have not sailed the sunset cruise, we have been on the Jolly Pirates twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

Sunset in Aruba in December ranges from 6:13 pm at the beginning of the month to 6:26 pm towards the end of the month. You are closer to the equator so the sun sets quicker. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Sunset sail just last week! We met at the dock at 5, and set sail by 5:30. It was a lot of fun, and the sunset was beautiful. We booked it online, a few days earlier and I think there was a discount because we booked online, too (15%?) It includes an open bar, and they take you near eagle beach area where you can do the rope swing off the boat. We didn't try it, but watching others do it was fun! There is music playing, people were dancing. The "pirates" were amusing, too, really getting the crowd into it. They was a whole range of age groups, too, but I believe you have to be over 18 since there is the open bar and there weren't any kids. I would recommend it, just remember to eat something before you board...(don't want to drink for a couple of hours on an empty tummy :D) Have fun.

They was a whole range of age groups, too, but I believe you have to be over 18 since there is the open bar and there weren't any kids.

Jolly Pirates does NOT have an age limit.

From http://www.jolly-pirates.com/Things-to-do-in-Aruba

"Question: 10. Are the Jolly Pirates Tours appropriate for Children?

ANSWER: Children of all ages are appropriate and welcome aboard all Jolly Pirates Cruises. Children up to 4 years of age will be complimentary guests. Children 5 - 10 ten years old will be charged only 50% of the tour price. When you fill in the appropriate boxes on the Online Reservation Form you will be charged correctly."