Palm Beach VS Eagle Beach......My Opinion

BACON227

My wife and I recently visited Palm Beach while in port on a Caribbean cruise. Now that I have visited both Palm Beach and Eagle Beach I have my opinion on which is better, and the reasons for my opinion.

On our recent visit to Palm Beach we took a bus from the port that was offering transportation to both Palm and Eagle Beach for $5. As we got close to Palm Beach we noticed that it is completely different than Eagle. Palm Beach has very large high rise resorts as opposed to the low rise more quaint hotels of Eagle Beach. Not a big deal so far. The bus dropped us off at the entrance to Palm Pier which is next to the Riu Resort, this is where the disappointment began. As soon as we started walking on the pier we were approached by a man offering chairs and umbrellas for sale, that is exactly what we wanted so we proceeded to follow him to the vendor just to the right(when facing the water) of the pier that was selling the chairs and umbrellas, $40 later our two chairs and umbrella were set up on the beach. In this particular area of the beach the people are crammed in like sardines, so close that our umbrella was resting on top of the people next to us. We were very disappointed so we immediately went back to the vendor and kindly asked for our money back to which we were told no refunds even though we had been sitting there for about a minute. We then tried to recoup some of our money by offering the chairs to a couple on the beach and was immediately approached by the same vendor that sold us the chairs and told we could not do that. We chalked it up as a loss and abandoned the chairs. As soon as we got out of the chairs the same vendor immediately bought another couple to them and collected another $40. I was fine with loosing the $40 because this particular section of the beach is not what I wanted, which was a nice peaceful beach day. We proceeded to walk further down the beach from the right side of the pier and found exactly what we wanted, plenty of open beach where people were not piled on top of each other so much so that you had to step over people........and oh yeah..........$5 chairs as opposed to $40 in a sardine can. So long story short, if you go to Palm Beach, go as far to the right (when facing the water) of the Riu resort as you can. I will mention, even in the less crowded area that we eventually ended up at there was a lot more watersports taking place than at Eagle, this also made the water not as clear.

By now you probably realize which beach I prefer, yes, Eagle. In my opinion, Eagle is much more peaceful and definitely has the Caribbean laid back beach feel that we were looking for as opposed to Palm Beach. Palm Beach to us felt nothing different than being in the tourist area at home in South Beach Miami, if that is what you are looking for you will enjoy it, if not, I would definitely choose Eagle for a peaceful day.

Thanks for the review. We have found we enjoy both Palm and Eagle.

I believe it comes down to the fact that they both offer different options for different types of experiences.

What appeals to one person does not appeal to others.

What is practical for some is not practical for others.

We all have different expectations for what we want out of a beach day.

I believe it comes down to the fact that they both offer different options for different types of experiences.

What appeals to one person does not appeal to others.

What is practical for some is not practical for others.

We all have different expectations for what we want out of a beach day.

We were at Palm Beach 2 years ago and were in the vicinity right of the RIU. It had a big dropoff into the water (hard to access and leave). Also was crowded. How close is Eagle to Palm by bus? It sounds like we would like this better. Less crowds, cleaner water along with shade, chairs and bar nearby? any thoughts? thanks.

We were at Palm Beach 2 years ago and were in the vicinity right of the RIU. It had a big dropoff into the water (hard to access and leave). Also was crowded. How close is Eagle to Palm by bus? It sounds like we would like this better. Less crowds, cleaner water along with shade, chairs and bar nearby? any thoughts? thanks.

I don't believe it is very far. The bus I was on was going to Palm first then to Eagle. The driver made it seem like they were close. When we were at Eagle there were chairs and umbrellas for rent and places for beverages. I will definitely be going to Eagle on our next stop in Aruba.

I don't believe it is very far. The bus I was on was going to Palm first then to Eagle. The driver made it seem like they were close. When we were at Eagle there were chairs and umbrellas for rent and places for beverages. I will definitely be going to Eagle on our next stop in Aruba.

When you go from town (the port) the bus goes by (or stops) at Eagle a few minutes before it gets to Palm. Walking from Eagle to Palm would be a good 2 miles (depending where on each beach).

Hank

Was at the right of De Palm pier and was nice and quiet at 9:30 AM by 12 it was a zoo so we left.

Would love to know what hotel the person went down to and found chairs being rented. I would not do this area again, over the last 20 years it is just a mass of bodies.

Was at the right of De Palm pier and was nice and quiet at 9:30 AM by 12 it was a zoo so we left.

Would love to know what hotel the person went down to and found chairs being rented. I would not do this area again, over the last 20 years it is just a mass of bodies.

It was from a vendor in front of The Occidental

Thanks for the review.

Do the Occidental and other Palm Beach hotels have day passes now?

We went to the Radisson before, but wonder if the now Hilton has day passes?

What do people do about bathroom and changing facilities if they have no day pass?

We have been to Palm Beach from a cruise and paid 5.00 for chairs and was under those cute umbrella's. They were awesome people too.

Did the tube ride around the water for $20.00 pp what a blast.

June we are going to Aruba but staying at the Eagle Beach area.. so thank you for the tips..

Like the small quaint area better.

• 1 month later...

Was the bus easy to find?

Also is Eagle beach as crowded? We don't generally rent a chair since we don't sit much. If you know of any information about locker rentals I would appreciate it! Thanks for the review, this will be our first trip there, so it's nice to get some direction.

We've been to Eagle Beach, but this time we were told it was school vacation and families just camp on the beach for the week, so Palm was suggested. We stayed by the Hyatt- cab was $14 each way and chairs and umbrella were $35. It was very crowded with a lot of water toys and the water was very cloudy. Would go back to Eagle next time.

Myrna