Itinerary change on Adventure of the seas.

Hearing that St. Lucia has been changed to Martinique on Aug 26th 2017 sailing but see nothing on my reservation or shore excursuions any one know. I booked mainly for that island:mad: Adventure of the seas

Your cruise contract (that you agreed to when you paid for your cruise) states that they can change, rearrange, cancel or substitute any port at any time for any reason.

Hopefully, you've heard incorrectly...but changes do happen. Never cruise because of a specific port. Stuff happens!

Hearing that St. Lucia has been changed to Martinique on Aug 26th 2017 sailing but see nothing on my reservation or shore excursuions any one know. I booked mainly for that island:mad: Adventure of the seas

I'd call C&A to confirm:

800-526-9723

t it been changed so anyone who is on the sailing we will not be going to St. Lucia we are going to Martinique of course Royal Caribbean has not notified anyone yet the only way you would know is if you try to go book the same cruise you get a pop up message saying so if you already have an excursion for St. Lucia scratch it we're not going I wrote on their Facebook page questionwhy they had not contacted people who are already booked for a year or more so they could've had the first crack an excursion at Marttinque

awful from Royal Caribbean customer service

Edited by catspaws65

Your cruise contract (that you agreed to when you paid for your cruise) states that they can change, rearrange, cancel or substitute any port at any time for any reason.

Hopefully, you've heard incorrectly...but changes do happen. Never cruise because of a specific port. Stuff happens!

I am not so much upset about the change but they had that they not contacted anyone so we are all under the impression that we're going to St. Lucia and have our excursion set people who have really been booked should've been contacted so we could get excursions not people who are now booking and able to get the excursions that we cannot that was my point that that's poor customer service if they know of the change they should've contacted booked customers first

We had St Lucia dropped for Labadee in 2014 and no one on our very active roll call was notified. Major fail...it was only showing on the booking page. We were all upset, there was no reason given for the change and many had booked specifically for St Lucia. Our roll call all got "I'd rather be in St Lucia" shirts and wore them on boarding day and then on Labadee so lots of pictures in the photo gallery, plus we arranged with the photographers to take a group picture when getting off the ship in Labadee...great memories of a great roll call. Funny though, first day on the cruise so many people came up to us, because of our shirts, to tell us how they were looking forward to St Lucia, and many had private excursions booked, they had no idea the itinerary had been changed months before.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Also when booking independent tours during Hurricane season please note their cancellation policies especially if you pay ahead.

That could also influence who you book with.

Never been a problem for us since we always book excursions thru the ship and if a port changes excursions are reimbursed, and once when there were not a lot of people taking excursion and it was cancelled credit was placed on our sea pass.

Safe travels.

what if the OP already went to the library to check out a tour book of the island. That would stink.:(

Bill

t it been changed so anyone who is on the sailing we will not be going to St. Lucia we are going to Martinique of course Royal Caribbean has not notified anyone yet the only way you would know is if you try to go book the same cruise you get a pop up message saying so if you already have an excursion for St. Lucia scratch it we're not going I wrote on their Facebook page questionwhy they had not contacted people who are already booked for a year or more so they could've had the first crack an excursion at Marttinque

conspiracy theorist that I am I would say they are waiting until it's after final payment date which is fast approaching to notify pax so they can't cancel without penalty.

Bill

I called and they said I would be getting an email this week. Ports changed due to refurbishing of st Lucia port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yah ok but they can change it on the booking site but NOT CONTACT people already booked!!!!!!!!!!! WTH

Went to Martinique for the first time last year and loved it! Not an overrun with tourists kind of island. Despite some of what we read ahead of time we found the locals to be very warm and friendly. English is not widely spoken so that can present some challenges but we got by. We hired a cab (managed to get a driver who spoke fairly good English) and saw a lot of the island in just a few hours. Still had time to stroll around town, hit some of the unique shops (no Diamonds International, hallelujah!) and have a really great lunch in a small cafe (no Margaritaville or Senor Frogs either, double hallelujah!).

If a developed port area and an economy that is focused on tourism is what you want you may be disappointed but we would go back in a heartbeat!!

Ummm, does your keyboard have a period symbol on it? I, for one, gave up trying to decipher your posts because they are one big run-on sentnce. I think you might get more/better information if your posts were easier to read.

Just a thought.

Ummm, does your keyboard have a period symbol on it? I, for one, gave up trying to decipher your posts because they are one big run-on sentnce. I think you might get more/better information if your posts were easier to read.

Just a thought.

1) You know when one is typing late or using voice command (as I did late last night) sometimes one does not catch it. 2) No need to be mean and attack one just be quiet!!!!!!! 3) Before attacking someone else about their post, maybe you should check your posts FOR ERRORS i.e spelling of sentnce it is sentence.(you missed an e).:rolleyes:

4) It seems not to many others had issues reading the post. Many people mess up when writing, yet we still figure it out.....:') here are my ...................in case you miss them

1) You know when one is typing late or using voice command (as I did late last night) sometimes one does not catch it. 2) No need to be mean and attack one just be quiet!!!!!!! 3) Before attacking someone else about their post, maybe you should check your posts FOR ERRORS i.e spelling of sentnce it is sentence.(you missed an e).:rolleyes:

4) It seems not to many others had issues reading the post. Many people mess up when writing, yet we still figure it out.....:') here are my ...................in case you miss them

Thought I was being pretty mild about it. Not looking for perfection; just a little period once in a while. Sorry if I upset you.

Has this been confirmed. We leave in less than 20 days and my cruise planner still says St. Lucia. I would LOVE for RCCL to contact us so I can call and cancel our private tour. I don't want to leave the company hanging. I called yesterday morning and the guy said "Yes I am seeing online that it is showing an itinerary change but I am pretty certain you are still going to St. Lucia." I think I need to call back. Ha.

Has this been confirmed. We leave in less than 20 days and my cruise planner still says St. Lucia. I would LOVE for RCCL to contact us so I can call and cancel our private tour. I don't want to leave the company hanging. I called yesterday morning and the guy said "Yes I am seeing online that it is showing an itinerary change but I am pretty certain you are still going to St. Lucia." I think I need to call back. Ha.

Not sure when the change takes effect. Best bet call them. I know it did change on our Aug. sailing