Majesty of Seas Recent Cruise Review

My family, which consisted of my husband, my daughter, son-in-law, grandson - 15, granddaughters - 11 and 8, recently cruised on MOS in June. We had 3 ocean view rooms on level 5. Daughter and granddaughters had a room with a pull down bed, and SIL and grandson had a room and my husband and I were in the 3rd room. It worked out beautifully. Rooms are small but very manageable. Our rooms were kept clean and towels replaced every day. The kids loved the towel animals, the girls would run from room to room seeing what we each had. The only negative thing about the rooms, was in the hallway the first day, there was an odor that went away once the ship sailed and it really was not that big of a deal. The location of the room was very convenient to dining, specialty coffee :D, shopping, elevators, etc.

My husband and I have been on several cruises and I was concerned because I got caught up in reading too many negative reviews!! This was a first cruise for the family though, and I really wanted it to be fun for them. I was not disappointed. My family loved the cruise and had a great time.

The dining experience was one of my concerns. We are a very relaxed family when it comes to vacations and meals are never a fancy affair. So I was not sure how they would be with the fine dining concept. They loved it and not once did they want to dine in the Windjammer for dinner. They tried new things and loved the special treatment they received. We had huge smiles every night!! The food was excellent and the service was too.

We did a sail and snorkel excursion while in Nassau. They had never snorkeled. We had a great time, weather was beautiful. We walked around Nassau a bit and did some shopping.

Coco Cay - what can I say? I love Coco Cay! My grandson took to snorkeling and found a huge conk shell, he brought it out just long enough to get a few photos and took it back to the sea where it belonged. I had an unfortunate incident just shortly after arriving on the island - I went to one of the little buildings with my youngest granddaughter to get her a mat to float on and the foundation of the building was crumbling and I stumbled over a rock and stubbed my foot into the foundation and ripped my toenail off. The people there quickly took me to the medical clinic and the doctor and nurse there fixed me up, gave me a beach wheelchair and I spent the rest of the day on a lounge chair under a palm tree enjoying the island. Since it was an accident, there was no medical charge. Once back on the ship, I was contacted to see how I was doing and they removed the charge for the drink package. Overall, they treated me very well and I can't complain.

Our sea day was our first day of sailing, I would like to reverse that and have it our last day, but that's just me.

We had a great cruise and I would do it again in a heart beat. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews - I know she is an old ship, but I think she is aging gracefully!

CruiseBell in Georgia

Our sea day was our first day of sailing, I would like to reverse that and have it our last day, but that's just me.

We had a great cruise and I would do it again in a heart beat. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews - I know she is an old ship, but I think she is aging gracefully!

CruiseBell in Georgia

Thanks for the thoughts, I assume you did the 3 day, the 4 day currently has the sea day as the last day and 1 more day of fun. I will be watching all Majesty reviews for the next few weeks, even though I've already been on her 4 times as things change. Glad you had a good time.

Majesty was my first RCI cruise back in the year 2000 and I haven't sailed on her since 2011 but I'm glad to read a good review because my daughter and I are sailing on her this Friday as a quick weekend getaway to celebrate her new job.

I am so glad to hear MOS made for a good cruise. After a Sept. Oasis of the Seas cruise, I need just one more night to become Diamond, and am thinking about booking a short cruise on the MOS. I just live 90 min. from Port Canaveral.

Thanks for the review. I'm taking my family for the first time in August. Was the sail and snorkel tour though RCI? Was it crowded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love the Majesty as well. It is a ship that reminds me of how cruising was when I started. I am going on it for the 4th time in early September, and I am hoping to book it many more times in the upcoming years.

I also LOVE Coco Cay... I hope it gets better with the renovations/pier/Water park... not worse. I'm concerned it will turn into a big "theme park" with multiple ships at the pier that RCI has touted will hold two ships. Oh well.. we shall see.

Thanks for the thoughts, I assume you did the 3 day, the 4 day currently has the sea day as the last day and 1 more day of fun. I will be watching all Majesty reviews for the next few weeks, even though I've already been on her 4 times as things change. Glad you had a good time.

No, we were on the 4 day cruise, for some reason for a short time, they reversed the sea day with Coco Cay. I think the sea day would have been more enjoyable at the end, but all in all it was still great.

Thanks for the review. I'm taking my family for the first time in August. Was the sail and snorkel tour though RCI? Was it crowded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, it was an RCI excursion, I believe it was the Sea Horse Sail and Snorkel. The boat was full but not too crowded. I was a little concerned about the safety of the boat, the railing that we were close to was very loose and would not have kept someone from falling in. A few things were brought to our attention from another passenger who happened to be retired from the Navy, I was glad I did not know these things until after the excursion was over. The snorkel equipment was not the best either. I most likely would not choose this excursion again.

Glad to hear you had a good cruise! Majesty is our first love going back to when she was the pride of the fleet. We are counting down the days until our Jan '18 (7th time) cruise on Majesty.

I am so excited to read a great review. I'm taking my BF on his first cruise over Labor Day Weekend! My first cruise as an adult was on Sovereign of the Seas in 2003 (before they "repaired" the clock during dry dock) and I can't wait to sail on her sister ship!

We are very laid back easy going people so I'm not worried about anything. Glad to be reassured by your review though.

Is Schooner popular in the evenings? That was always my favorite bar when I sailed Sovereign. Great service and casual atmosphere.

Another question, your honest opinion about dress for dinner in MDR. He wants to wear jeans as that makes him comfortable and I'm not sure about that.

I am so excited to read a great review. I'm taking my BF on his first cruise over Labor Day Weekend! My first cruise as an adult was on Sovereign of the Seas in 2003 (before they "repaired" the clock during dry dock) and I can't wait to sail on her sister ship!

We are very laid back easy going people so I'm not worried about anything. Glad to be reassured by your review though.

Is Schooner popular in the evenings? That was always my favorite bar when I sailed Sovereign. Great service and casual atmosphere.

Another question, your honest opinion about dress for dinner in MDR. He wants to wear jeans as that makes him comfortable and I'm not sure about that.

We did not pay too much attention to the Schooner other than walking through. We had grandkids with us this trip (first time cruising with kids) and we focused on other entertainment.

Honest opinion about dress code - on our 4 night cruise, I was prepared for a really dressed down experience. I even suggested to my family not to worry too much about it. But I was really surprised that so many did observe the dress code, especially on formal night. My family dressed in dockers, golf shirts or button up shirts, while girls were in sundress. On formal night, I was very proud of my family, although in shirt and tie, or bowtie, they fit in very well. There were a lot of suits and formal dresses.

I would like the sea day to be the last day also but, we are booked on an upcoming B2B and the 4 night has the sea day as the first day, then Nassau, then (hopefully) Coco Cay. I don't recall if the itinerary changed or this was the itinerary when we booked in May. The 3 night has the usual Nassau then Coco Cay. Also not sure if this is a new itinerary for the 4 night, just for a variety of sailings or just for our sailing. Never bothered to check.

Thanks OP for the review and updates.

M

I would like the sea day to be the last day also but, we are booked on an upcoming B2B and the 4 night has the sea day as the first day, then Nassau, then (hopefully) Coco Cay. I don't recall if the itinerary changed or this was the itinerary when we booked in May. The 3 night has the usual Nassau then Coco Cay. Also not sure if this is a new itinerary for the 4 night, just for a variety of sailings or just for our sailing. Never bothered to check.

Thanks OP for the review and updates.

M

I double checked and my 4 day coming up still has the sea day as the last day. Last year on this day, they had a really nice BBQ lunch by the pool and to be honest, it was one of my favorite cruise meals in quite a few years.

Great review! Glad you and your family enjoyed your trip. I sailed Majesty in January and our group of 20 all vowed to never return to her (unless we found a deal too good to pass up) since we disliked it so much. Maybe I was comparing too much to the Enchantment, which it is not.

Guess who got a FREE cruise for two on Majesty in May and LOVED it (not even JUST because it was free!)? I really, really had a great time and as weird as this sounds, it felt like a completely different ship. Hoping to be back aboard Majesty next January, bringing a few of the girls from the first trip.

It makes me so happy to hear people are still enjoying Majesty. We sailed her for our honeymoon back in August of 1992, she wasn't even four months old then. Entertainment was AMAZING; we had the Fifth Dimension perform one night, and Jerry Van Dyke another. (Young folks, you'll probably have to Google who they are, LOL.) She was all shiny and new, food was amazing, and was considered a pretty big ship at that time. Majesty will always hold a special place in our hearts, even as we sail Oasis in September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and 25 years of cruising.

It makes me so happy to hear people are still enjoying Majesty. We sailed her for our honeymoon back in August of 1992, she wasn't even four months old then. Entertainment was AMAZING; we had the Fifth Dimension perform one night, and Jerry Van Dyke another. (Young folks, you'll probably have to Google who they are, LOL.) She was all shiny and new, food was amazing, and was considered a pretty big ship at that time. Majesty will always hold a special place in our hearts, even as we sail Oasis in September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and 25 years of cruising.

We came along about two years later for our 12th anniversary. Majesty was still the "pride of the fleet" then and was huge for that time. It was our first cruise and we still have great memories. We agree that the entertainment back then was excellent. Majesty will always be special for us.

Great review! Glad you and your family enjoyed your trip. I sailed Majesty in January and our group of 20 all vowed to never return to her (unless we found a deal too good to pass up) since we disliked it so much. Maybe I was comparing too much to the Enchantment, which it is not.

Guess who got a FREE cruise for two on Majesty in May and LOVED it (not even JUST because it was free!)? I really, really had a great time and as weird as this sounds, it felt like a completely different ship. Hoping to be back aboard Majesty next January, bringing a few of the girls from the first trip.

So glad Majesty was able to redeem herself!! A co-worker also sailed on Majesty this past January and she did not have good things to say either. That must have been a bad month!! We have sailed on Enchantment also and we loved her!!! At this point I would not hesitate to sail on either ship. We are currently booked on Freedom next June and this will be our third time.

• 2 weeks later...
It's great to know that the MOS is still enjoyed and appreciated! Planning to cruise on Labor Day Weekend! Just felt it was the perfect way to get away for the long weekend and celebrate out anniversary!! Can't wait!

We are booked on the Labor Day weekend cruise as well. This will be our third cruise on Majesty and we had a great time on the previous 2. Glad to hear she's still making people happy.

Going on the Majesty next week. She was my first 7 night cruise in 1995. It cost $750 pp for an OV. It was the western Caribbean.

Can't wait to be treated like Royalty with John Denton as hotel director.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, did I get the Royal treatment. I was invited to the Captain's Table!!!

I even was top cruiser for the 4 nighter and was given a bottle of Vodka.

Thank you John Denton and Jennifer Shinde, the F&B.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums