Oasis - what day is The Quest?

We are sailing the Oasis on July 23 (7 Day Eastern Caribbean). I haven't had any luck finding the compass.

Does anyone know what day The Quest usually takes place? I have heard anywhere from the second day, to the next to last day. Reason I am asking is because as I book the shows, I don't want the times to conflict.

Thanks in advance

We are sailing the Oasis on July 23 (7 Day Eastern Caribbean). I haven't had any luck finding the compass.

Does anyone know what day The Quest usually takes place? I have heard anywhere from the second day, to the next to last day. Reason I am asking is because as I book the shows, I don't want the times to conflict.

Thanks in advance

Your show times will not conflict as Quest is held at 10:30 PM and the last show is typically over before 10:00 PM. In our experience it has been on day 5 or 6, depending on ship and as I recall Oasis was day 6. But perhaps someone else can confirm.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks in advance

Here is an Oasis Eastern compass:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49084041&postcount=1

Edited by clarea

On the last Oasis cruise (June 11, 2016) it was on Day 6 at 11:30pm.

Day 6 was also the last port stop on that itinerary if that makes a difference. I only mention that because in 2013 on Allure, the Quest was on Day 5 (11:45pm) which was also happened to be the day of the last port stop -- not sure if that was intentional or coincidence.

Edited by KGSB11

Thanks in advance

I believe it was Thursday on my last cruise, but don't worry. The CD introduces most of the bookable shows and he runs Quest, so it is rare it conflicts with anything.

Without a doubt for mature audiences. On my last cruise their were people with kids in there and they warned 3 or 4 times that it wouldn't be good for kids but put with small kids kept sitting there. After the game started you saw people with small kids all over the Studio "B" get up to leave! :cool:

I have never been. I'm not a late night person. Why so late? I'm guessing not kid friendly? Worth staying up for?

Yes, and yes, especially if you never have been. The CD make a big difference in how they are run.

Your show times will not conflict as Quest is held at 10:30 PM and the last show is typically over before 10:00 PM. In our experience it has been on day 5 or 6, depending on ship and as I recall Oasis was day 6. But perhaps someone else can confirm.

What is "the quest"? It sounds like fun. We are going on the Oasis in 10 days. Sorry to ask, but have only been on 2 cruises and I don't want to miss out on the fun :-)

Thank you

Edited by crusin gator
wrong countown to my cruise

What is "the quest"? It sounds like fun. We are going on the Oasis in 10 days. Sorry to ask, but have only been on 2 cruises and I don't want to miss out on the fun :-)

Thank you

Without giving much away, it is a team based scavenger hunt for personal effects that has a strong (& intentional) tendency to get risqué.

You can just sit back and watch without getting involved? My dh has never forgiven me since we did the newlywed game 26 years ago! :rolleyes::D

He was very embarrassed and they played the show all over the ship, over and over on tv screens. Everyone knew who we were and the CD pointed us out at another show! So needless to say, if he can be embarrassed, he won't go. Just want to watch for the sidelines.

You can just sit back and watch without getting involved? My dh has never forgiven me since we did the newlywed game 26 years ago! :rolleyes::D

He was very embarrassed and they played the show all over the ship, over and over on tv screens. Everyone knew who we were and the CD pointed us out at another show! So needless to say, if he can be embarrassed, he won't go. Just want to watch for the sidelines.

Yes you can, that's what I did when I went. It's well worth going, fantastic laugh. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance

We just went to the Quest, OMG what fun!!!!!! It was after formal night at 11:45pm. We never stay up that late but I am so glad we did. It was hilarious. I thought it's like an adult Let's make a deal when he asks the audience for objects they might have in their purse, or what ever. But only adult version. Wasn't too raunchy either.

Does anyone else think Quest has gotten too predictable? The last few times I have been there have been groups of people that have had everything ready for the CD as soon as he asks for it. It ruins the fun.

I've long said, I would like the CDs to at least come up with some new Quests. On my last cruise Drew Devine on Oasis did have only 1 quest I had never heard of, but he through in a wrinkle on a couple of others.