2-11-16 Thursday Weigh-In..That Time Again!

Belle

Time after Time we get on the scale

We see what it says then always have a tale

Why we gained, lost or stayed the same

Seem like each week with our scale we play a game

Most games you want high numbers in play

Here want the numbers to be low so we can say

I worked hard this week and I have a loss

Now will go outside to run and get a ball to toss

Good morning Belle, thanks for the Thursday morning motivation :).

Awesome progress "Fam"! Everything you're doing sounds perfect - keep on keepin' on.

Wish I could stop cheating, but I must have it down to a manageable amount because I stayed the same at 177 - still in my target range so very pleased. Also trying to get my steps in but had another cold this week so put the bike to the side and imitated a lizard most of the weekend - sitting in the warm (very unusual record breaking warmth this week) sun and working on my tan for Hawaii next month.

Keeping moving by doing gardening, walking a lot, sticking to my tea and coffee (plain) - probably not healthy but I get one of those giant soda cups at the minimarket, fill half full with ice, and then fill it with plain coffee and suck on that all day (along with plenty of water). Less than $1 and zero calories. So far doesn't seem to affect my resting heart rate - it's staying the same according to my Fitbit so I'll keep doing it for a while.

Hope everyone has a chance to check in, wish some of those lurkers would join in - over a 100 views and only 2 responses??? Come on folks, it all friendly in here!

Good morning Belle, thanks for the Thursday morning motivation :).

Awesome progress "Fam"! Everything you're doing sounds perfect - keep on keepin' on.

Wish I could stop cheating, but I must have it down to a manageable amount because I stayed the same at 177 - still in my target range so very pleased. Also trying to get my steps in but had another cold this week so put the bike to the side and imitated a lizard most of the weekend - sitting in the warm (very unusual record breaking warmth this week) sun and working on my tan for Hawaii next month.

Keeping moving by doing gardening, walking a lot, sticking to my tea and coffee (plain) - probably not healthy but I get one of those giant soda cups at the minimarket, fill half full with ice, and then fill it with plain coffee and suck on that all day (along with plenty of water). Less than $1 and zero calories. So far doesn't seem to affect my resting heart rate - it's staying the same according to my Fitbit so I'll keep doing it for a while.

Hope everyone has a chance to check in, wish some of those lurkers would join in - over a 100 views and only 2 responses??? Come on folks, it all friendly in here!

I have lost 15 kilos (33lb) since June 2015 but am still some way short of being a 'double zero'! More like a figure of 8 :eek:

I 'regained' (as if I wanted it ...) about 8-9 lbs on the Xmas & New Year cruise but 5 weeks sensible eating and a fair bit of physical work refurbing our French hovel has got rid of extra - again :D

Mrs Marchie is the real star - she's lost 20 kilos (44lbs) since June 2015 - she's not half the woman she used to be ;)

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for the motivation & congrats on having a loss.

Welcome to the new posters & what a great job you're doing!:D

shootr ~ you're doing great too. Hope you're feeling better.

Well, I don't know if I can believe my scale but it says I'm down 1.2 lbs & I've just returned from my Thomson Dream cruise which I really enjoyed. The food was good so it wasn't from not eating that I lost but probably from all the walking & perspiring! It was so hot in Panama, Costa Rice & the 2 stops in Colombia. We had a really good time.

Have a great week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hope you all had a great Valentines weekend! No chocolate here, not a big sweets fan. I did pick up a compact stationary bike this weekend...only made 15 minutes my first morning, but man it feels different than walking on the treadmill! Hoping to keep this up on our upcoming cruise in 17 days by visiting the gym for the first time on a ship! Hope everyone has a blessed week!

Hi all!

famtocruise ~ the only time I ever went to a gym on a cruise was after my knee was replaced.:o I have a reclining bike taking up a lot of space in the computer room but I never think to use it. Which cruise are you going on?

shootr ~ congrats on your huge weight loss! WTG!:D Wow, if I lost 40 lbs I'd be at a weight I would feel too thin at. I was 30 lbs lighter than this after my knee surgery & people thought I looked gaunt.

Have a great week. It's really cold here with snow on its way so I guess I better go grocery shopping today, the list's getting long!

~ Jo ~ :)

I've seen the gym a couple times on cruises - never used 'em, just stumbled upon them while looking for a jacuzzi or something :-)!

I always figured the stairs were the best exercise on a ship - no lines (usually), no waiting for an elevator, and tend to find places on the ship I might have missed.

The waterparks on some ships are a pretty good workout too.

Not to toot my horn (but I'm proud as heck of it) but I was 255 when I got married 6 years ago and now I'm staying under 180 pretty reliably. My wife always called me her bear and was hesitant as well, but she seems to be OK with it now.

I just know my 51 year old knees are happier and want to last as long as I can and make it to retirement some day.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the vacation!

@shootr. You shout toot your own horn for keeping it off that long! That's a huge achievement! I'm pretty good at losing weight when I focus on it, but not great at keeping it off. This year I strategically booked a cabin right close to the gym in hopes I can sneak in there early while the family is sleeping. I travel with very young kids so stairs are sometimes more of a hassle than it's worth. But they are only little for a short time, soon I'll be chasing them up and down those stairs!!