Booking questions re: Ziplining at Grizzly Falls

lmintzer

I am thinking of booking both the Chilkoot Tours White Pass Summit Rail and bus for half of our day in Skagway and Ziplining at Grizzly Falls for the other half (we cannot do the Rainforest Zip, as my younger son is not heavy enough or quite tall enough).

At any rate, if we do Chilkoot at 8:30 a.m. (the earlier I want to drag everyone out), then I can book ziplining through Skagway Shore Tours or Alaska Shore excursions. Times are 1:00 and 3:15/3:30. I would prefer more of a lunch break than a 1:00 tour would allow but would love not to do 3:30 not finish until 7:30 and have everyone super hungry for dinner.

If I book this same tour through the cruise ship, there is a 1:40 time. That gives us 1 hr 40 min. between--maybe we can hop back onto the ship and eat at the buffet in that amount of time? Or get something for lunch in Skagway? Do you think that would be allow enough time?

Any disadvantage to booking this particular tour through the ship? Cost is $30 total more than one of the booking sites and just $5 more than the other.

I personally would book with the ship. It's a long drive to the zip line, I believe it's 1:20 min or so. If for some reason there is a problem getting back in time you would get the money back that you paid for your next excursion if you miss it, and if it's past time for the ship to leave, the ship will wait for you. But it's a personal choice. I'm also (my husband and I) are also going on the zip line. It will be my first time doing a zip line. Love to hear your review when you get back.

Thanks, Chicagogirl (I am from Chicago, originally too). : ) I probably will book with the ship--in this case, we aren't tight for time on the return, but I would like the flexibility in case my dad, who will be traveling with us, convinces us to do a heli glacier tour instead (I'm still kind of scared to try it). Funny--he said he wouldn't touch ziplining with a 10 foot pole, but he has no problem with small aircraft.

My younger son and I haven't ziplined either, but my older son has and loves it. In fact, he probably would prefer the treetop (harder/faster/higher) course, but my younger son isn't heavy or tall enough. Phew!

• 11 months later...

Going here in June 2017 on NCL Jewel. Also questioned whether enough time for both and if we can get back to ship on time- leaves at 5 pm. How did your trip go? Any tips? Thanks so much :confused: