Drink prices going up March 1st

OzCanuck

Really, you're talking a about $.30 more on a $10 drink.

Considering at 18% you're talking about giving the guy almost a dollar to take 5 seconds to pop the top off of a Bud Light. I don't see the need to add more of a tip either. They're raising the alcohol prices as well as the tip percentage. That's a double increase for the bartender.

Edited by Out to sea!

Out to Sea that is exactly my thinking but my other half says its not the fault of the bartenders that the price of the drinks increased as well as the increase in the gratuity....I personally feel 18% is fair, we normally give a dollar per drink more when it is 15% because we generally do tip more....we found the extra tipping on the Breakaway two years ago really wasn't appreciated or perhaps they don't expect it, never got any thank you for it from any of the staff, so I think I may not tip extra.

So far there is no reason to think that NCL is raising the auto-tip on all bar orders to 18%. As far as I can see, they are only raising the gratuity added to the cost of the drink packages to 18%.

For those who are buying drink by drink, the prices are going up 6.7%. I would be kind of annoyed if they raised the drink prices and increased the auto-tip percentage at the same time. But that is not what they are doing.

For those who are buying drink by drink, the prices are going up 6.7%. I would be kind of annoyed if they raised the drink prices and increased the auto-tip percentage at the same time. But that is not what they are doing.

Turns out I was wrong. :o That is exactly what they have done: Raised all drink prices and increased the auto-tip to 18% for bar service. (see NCL FAQ)

Turns out I was wrong. :o That is exactly what they have done: Raised all drink prices and increased the auto-tip to 18% for bar service. (see NCL FAQ)

Guess i'll be drinking less......or not at all. I'll be damned if I'm going to give the bartender a buck to screw the top off of a 6 dollar beer. :mad:

Guess i'll be drinking less......or not at all. I'll be damned if I'm going to give the bartender a buck to screw the top off of a 6 dollar beer. :mad:

On the Getaway last month a bucket of beer (buy 5 get one free) was $32 including tip. That was a little over $5 a beer for 16 ounce bottles. I hope it isn't going up.

Refreshing to see......admitting an error, and adding useful info in one post! Thanks!

I don't drink 6 beers in an entire cruise to begin with. :D

Not quite as refreshing.

I was excited to see that the UBP for my TA cruise still showed 15% gratuity. Then I did the math, and realized it has increased to 18%, they just haven't changed 15% in the wording (as shown below). $54 x 10 days + 18% = $637.20.

Untitled-1_zpsxoqyofeo.jpg

On the Getaway last month a bucket of beer (buy 5 get one free) was $32 including tip. That was a little over $5 a beer for 16 ounce bottles. I hope it isn't going up.

The price of a bucket is the total price of five most expensive bottles in it (cheapest one is free). So yes, that went up with the rest of the prices.