Video tour: Aft-Facing Large Balcony (B1) on Norwegian Getaway

DGP1111

A totally silent video tour of my recent stateroom onboard Norwegian Getaway.

Aft-Facing Large Balcony (B1) #9322

An extremely deep balcony that is about 80% covered. Unless you were against the railing, no one from above would be able to see you.

Pretty much the only word I have to describe the stateroom, the view, its position on the ship, the assigned room steward, and just the entire ship (including crew) as a whole . . . PERFECTION. :)

There was zero aft vibration issues throughout the week.

The distance to the elevators/stairs isn't bad at all.

The single-best balcony I've booked on any cruise over multiple lines. Loved it!!

Thank you so much for posting - - we will be in 9920 in 14 days! Believe it has the same layout - bed by closet and equally large balcony. From the cabin review thread we knew deck 9 had the deepest balconies and it is only one flight of stairs down to the action.

We just booked a week ago, could not resist the pricing and freestyle options offered. It is our first cruise with the ultimate beverage package:D Could have had a spa balcony with spa privileges for the same price but we love the privacy of the stern stateroom balconies and the unblemished view. The first time we were on the Epic we bought the spa package but only went twice because there was so much to do.

Couple questions if you don't mind. Did you have any trouble getting times you wanted for your platinum dinner/dinners? Was there a gathering for silver/gold/platinum? One of the reviews mentioned it being the 2nd sea day at 7:15. Do you remember when the platinum ship tour was offered? We weren't able to do it on the POA because it coincided with a tour we had booked. LOL I guess that is three questions. I'll stop.

I watched Breakaway and Getaway being built and thought it would be a while before we sailed on either one of them due to other cruises being higher up in the wish list. Still can hardly believe we booked Getaway!

Couple questions if you don't mind. Did you have any trouble getting times you wanted for your platinum dinner/dinners? Was there a gathering for silver/gold/platinum? One of the reviews mentioned it being the 2nd sea day at 7:15. Do you remember when the platinum ship tour was offered?

I didn't use my Platinum dining certificate, as I'd already booked for the entire week via Ultimate Dining Package . . . but there were some initial online booking challenges (dumb ones) when doing those, and they were very quickly/easily remedied once onboard. Totally satisfied with the adjustments they were able to make.

There was a Latitudes wine & cheese gathering on Monday (7:00) at Spice H2O.

Behind-The-Scenes tour was on Thursday (last sea day) at 3:20. We met at Savor Restaurant and continued on from there. Short but enjoyable.

Dang, a bunch of you are doing the Deck 9 aft thing onboard Getaway in the next few weeks. :)

I wanna go back!!

Unless he gets moved back up the main Haven area, your oh-so-totally-superb room steward will be Rudolf Infante. One of the best ever.

Randolf%20Infante-L.jpg

Dang, a bunch of you are doing the Deck 9 aft thing onboard Getaway in the next few weeks. :)

I wanna go back!!

Unless he gets moved back up the main Haven area, your oh-so-totally-superb room steward will be Rudolf Infante. One of the best ever.

Randolf%20Infante-L.jpg

C'mon...it's not too late!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOVED the video!!

We are in 9320 for our B2B anniversary cruise, and this gives us a great view of what our room will be like!

Thanks so much :D

I believe 9320 has the bed by the balcony instead of the bed by the closet. We had this setup twice on the Epic and I liked it- in two weeks we'll see how we like bed by the closet on the Getaway :)

Here is a video I found on youtube of Getaway 9318 with bed by balcony.

I didn't use my Platinum dining certificate, as I'd already booked for the entire week via Ultimate Dining Package . . . but there were some initial online booking challenges (dumb ones) when doing those, and they were very quickly/easily remedied once onboard. Totally satisfied with the adjustments they were able to make.

There was a Latitudes wine & cheese gathering on Monday (7:00) at Spice H2O.

Behind-The-Scenes tour was on Thursday (last sea day) at 3:20. We met at Savor Restaurant and continued on from there. Short but enjoyable.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I may go ahead and prebook a couple of the shows and trust we can get the platinum dinners worked into the schedule. We love LeBistro and La Cucina. Tried Moderno on the POA and it was ok but not great. Don't know how Getaways would compare.

Thanks Don, great video

Have to admit whenever I see a post by you with a review I have to stop and read. Your review of the Epic many years ago, lured me into boarding her the first time and then going back a couple more!

I will be boarding GA on Feb 28th and can't wait!!

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this! My fiance and I are sailing the Getaway on our honeymoon at the end of May, and I just switched us into this cabin. Awesome to get a preview of where we'll be staying in just a couple months.

• 1 month later...

Just booked 9320 for January 31/16 for my parents (we are staying in an oceanview on deck 5 with kids and friends). I can't wait to see this cabin and to see how much they are going to enjoy it. They have cruised a lot but usually cheap out on the cabin. This will probably be the nicest cabin they have ever had. I like the fact that the balcony is mostly covered as my father has had skin cancer before but loves to be outside. This is perfect for him.

A totally silent video tour of my recent stateroom onboard Norwegian Getaway.

Aft-Facing Large Balcony (B1) #9322

An extremely deep balcony that is about 80% covered. Unless you were against the railing, no one from above would be able to see you.

Pretty much the only word I have to describe the stateroom, the view, its position on the ship, the assigned room steward, and just the entire ship (including crew) as a whole . . . PERFECTION. :)

There was zero aft vibration issues throughout the week.

The distance to the elevators/stairs isn't bad at all.

The single-best balcony I've booked on any cruise over multiple lines. Loved it!!

just booked 13306......loved the video.....tried to get 9922, but we are not wheelchair bound

• 11 months later...

We are trying a aft balcony 12308 but on Breakaway. We just can't wait, the balcony looks huge and we kinda can't wait for a different perspective, or look than from the side of the ship. I'm treating it almost like a new adventure.