Day pass for Infiinity Beach

plank

Crewsweeper,

Would Turqouise Bay Beach be a better pick than West Bay Beach due to the "pushy" vendors I've read about? Is there good snorkeling off the beach and white sand?

Thanks!

Crewsweeper,

Would Turqouise Bay Beach be a better pick than West Bay Beach due to the "pushy" vendors I've read about? Is there good snorkeling off the beach and white sand?

Thanks!

Sorry, I wouldn't know. Haven't been there. I believe it's between Coxen Hole and Mahogany Bay and caters to divers so it's not on the cruise excursions down to the West Bay/West End. Other than that I can't say.

Crewsweeper,

Thanks!

To be honest, I wasn't aware that IB sold day passes - their facilities are usually reserved for the use of owners/guests. Mayan Princess sells day passes and Bananarama will rent chairs for $5/ea.

IMO Turquoise Bay Beach isn't the best place for shore snorkeling. It's not even remotely comparable to the snorkeling to be found on WBB. As for "pushy" vendors - all you need to do is say no and they will move on to the next person who may want to buy their goods/services.

There's a reason that so many cruise excursions take their pax to WBB - it's unbelievably beautiful, fantastic snorkeling, fun bars/restaurants (The Thirsty Turtle at Bananarama and the Palapa Bar at Infinity Bay serve great drinks/lunch), etc.

To be honest, I wasn't aware that IB sold day passes - their facilities are usually reserved for the use of owners/guests. Mayan Princess sells day passes and Bananarama will rent chairs for $5/ea.

IMO Turquoise Bay Beach isn't the best place for shore snorkeling. It's not even remotely comparable to the snorkeling to be found on WBB. As for "pushy" vendors - all you need to do is say no and they will move on to the next person who may want to buy their goods/services.

There's a reason that so many cruise excursions take their pax to WBB - it's unbelievably beautiful, fantastic snorkeling, fun bars/restaurants (The Thirsty Turtle at Bananarama and the Palapa Bar at Infinity Bay serve great drinks/lunch), etc.

We are a group looking to go to a resort for the day while in Roatan. When you went to Bananarama and the "Thirsty Turtle" bar -- did you have to reach out to the resort to get day passes, or can you just show up? There may be about 30 of us wanting to do this...any info would be appreciated!

Hi - we live on Roatan year-round and just drive over, pay for our loungers and off we go. With a group as large as yours, you should definitely contact them and find out what they can offer a group of your size - you will need transportation also. The resort is very friendly to cruise pax and I'm sure they'll be glad to help you!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - we live on Roatan year-round and just drive over, pay for our loungers and off we go. With a group as large as yours, you should definitely contact them and find out what they can offer a group of your size - you will need transportation also. The resort is very friendly to cruise pax and I'm sure they'll be glad to help you!

Hi watchdiva. My dh and ds-12, will want to head to the beach while I zip line in Mahogany Bay with the teen girls. I would like a beach that won't be so crowded but where we can eat, drink and have loungers (papalas or umbrellas would be a BIG plus!).

My dh doesn't want to sit on a crowded beach like sardines but we also have to keep in mind we have a 12 year old son and 2-16 year old girls.

Where would you suggest? Also, is it safe enough for the boys to go ahead first and the teens and I to grab a cab and meet up with them? I am looking to spend approximately no more than $40 per person for R/T cab and lounger and admission/day pass to the beach.

I know you moved from Florida to Roatan so appreciate your point of view (although I'm from NY LOL).

Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday I emailed and they responded today. They say day pass $15 pp for chairs, loungers, pool. She said purchase at the front desk. Her email: jackson@infinitybay.com (Liana Jackson). On Tripadvisor there are a lot of positive reviews for this place and say the food at La Palapa is good and reasonable. It says one minute walk to Bananarama, and very close to many restaurants. The $15 doesn't require you to eat and/or drink there. We may try it in Sept.

yesterday I emailed and they responded today. They say day pass $15 pp for chairs, loungers, pool. She said purchase at the front desk. Her email: jackson@infinitybay.com (Liana Jackson). On Tripadvisor there are a lot of positive reviews for this place and say the food at La Palapa is good and reasonable. It says one minute walk to Bananarama, and very close to many restaurants. The $15 doesn't require you to eat and/or drink there. We may try it in Sept.

How about transportation to IB and then back to the cruise port? What is the best way to handle getting there and back?

i wish i had seen this thread sooner. could have saved you the trouble. and yes, that is the day pass quote i got a couple months ago. their pool looks amazing.

i'm going to hang out at Bananarama though as we have our own chairs and only need use of the showers and washrooms. The lady at bananarama said as long as we buy a drink or something to eat, we're welcome to use their showers and bathrooms free of charge.

we'll walk down to Infinity bay and snorkle out from there as that is supposedly the better place for snorkling.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use the beach for free. We set up in the shade and ordered some lunch and beer. We also rented snorkeling gear for $10 per person for the afternoon. The $15 gives you access to their beach loungers and pool (which looked great). Here area few pictures.

1095-vi.jpg

1101-vi.jpg

1261-vi.jpg

951-vi.jpg

953-vi.jpg

983-vi.jpg

Loved the pics...but still back to the question...what is the best way to get there?

Someone posted on another thread that some of the taxi drivers can take advantage of passengers.

What do you recommend? Taxi? Does the resort offer transportation we can arrange in advance?

This is not a true resort in the sense of a hotel resort. This is a condo community with condos for sale and they also rent them by the week.... at least the unsold ones. So you can't really think of it as a "resort" with the amenities of one. I think they let you use the pool and restaurant for a fee since they are new and trying to sell condos.

As for getting there - a taxi will do just fine. Just agree on the price ahead of time. There are some other threads here about getting to West Bay/End by taxi and the costs.

Archived