Eating out in N.O. with kids

loverofpepsi

Hi,

I haven't eaten in this restaurant, but according to a book I have Cafe Maspero is cheap Sandwiches and sea food. This is on 601 decatur st., two blocks away from jackson square. Maybe you should check it out. They say not to confuse it with Maspero Slave a few blocks away. Most of the cheap food I found in New Orleans is poboys in bourbon st. Not the most kid friendly street.:p

The Riverwalk Mall, which is connected to the hotel, has a food court with a nice variety of places to choose from. You can either eat there, or bring it back to your room. There is also a 'Bubba Gump's' a few blocks away, that's very informal and would keep the kids entertained.

We were in NO for our Conquest cruise with our 2 children just last week. I second that suggestion to go to Mulate's. :D It's walking distance from the Hiton (where we stayed also) and the prices are pretty good. Plus they have a live band and a large list of celebrities who've eaten there. Just go to the concierge desk near the front desk and the guy there'll give you directions.

He can also give you directions to Mother's which is also walking distance from the Hilton. I've heard the breakfast there is to die for. We didn't eat breakfast there, we ate the poor boys. And they're the the best I've ever eaten, plus they are humongous with tons of meat on them. You might consider sharing one. Also, try the homemade apple pie, we loved it. Our kids had the chicken strips and fries. One piece of advice: let the kids share it, it's plenty of food for two people.;)

Also, go to the Cafe Du'Mondes in the Riverwalk mall that's connected to the Hilton. The beignets (square french donuts covered in powdered sugar) are to die for.:D Plus you can buy boxes of the beignet mix for only $2.35 each. They make great gifts that are pretty cheap. Cafe Du'Mondes also had gift baskets filled with a beignet mix, a logo coffee cup, and a large container of french New Orleans style coffee for only $13.95 each. I bought this gift basket for my mother and she loved it, especially the new coffee. An added plus is that she plans on using the mix and making beignets for all of us this Saturday when she comes over. You've gotta love that!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived