Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Belize

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybeff View Post
My question isn't about the shoes, but about the life jackets and helmets they have you wear. Do you have to wear them the entire time your walking down the trail or just when you go to get in your tube?

How big were the life jackets?
Our life jackets were attached to our tube during the walk. We wore our helmets on the walk and this was good because we walked through a cave. The life jackets were average size life jackets.

Carnival Holiday 6/08

Carnival Glory 7/09
Carnival Fantasy 11/09
Carnival Elation 7/10
Carnival Fantasy 7/11
Carnival Conquest 7/13
Carnival Fantasy 7/14

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybeff View Post
My question isn't about the shoes, but about the life jackets and helmets they have you wear. Do you have to wear them the entire time your walking down the trail or just when you go to get in your tube?

How big were the life jackets?

Here's a picture of the life jackets. We wore our life jackets and helmets during the walk. We didn't carry our tubes with .bz (someone from their staff went way ahead of us and took them for everyone that day and they were waiting on us when we arrived where you get in to the water). You don't have to wear them and can carry them if you wanted, but it was just easier to wear them and be hands free.

Last edited by mitsugirly; July 23rd, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

Old July 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsugirly View Post
Here's a picture of the life jackets. We wore our life jackets and helmets during the walk. We didn't carry our tubes with .bz (someone from their staff went way ahead of us and took them for everyone that day and they were waiting on us when we arrived where you get in to the water). You don't have to wear them and can carry them if you wanted, but it was just easier to wear them and be hands free.

You are so well informed. Thanks for your info. Can a 7yo have a tube to herself?

CARNIVAL!!!
2013 Magic
2012 Magic
2012 Elation
2011 Triumph
2010 Triumph
2009 Conquest
2008 Conquest
2007 Fantasy
2006 Ectasy
2002 Celebration

Old July 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnj1 View Post
You are so well informed. Thanks for your info. Can a 7yo have a tube to herself?
Thanks and you're welcome. I'm not sure if they have an actual age or height that they have to be in order to be able to do it themselves. But, I would imagine it would be how comfortable you would feel having them go on one by themselves. The tubes are attached to each other, so you would be right there with your little one. I'm thinking I read somewhere on here that others have had their 7-8 year olds go on a tube by themself.

Old July 30th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsugirly View Post
Thanks and you're welcome. I'm not sure if they have an actual age or height that they have to be in order to be able to do it themselves. But, I would imagine it would be how comfortable you would feel having them go on one by themselves. The tubes are attached to each other, so you would be right there with your little one. I'm thinking I read somewhere on here that others have had their 7-8 year olds go on a tube by themself.

I hope she can get her own yellow tube. SHe is not afraid at all.

CARNIVAL!!!
2013 Magic
2012 Magic
2012 Elation
2011 Triumph
2010 Triumph
2009 Conquest
2008 Conquest
2007 Fantasy
2006 Ectasy
2002 Celebration

Old July 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Our 7 year old just cavetubed last week with cavetuberus. David was awesome and she loved him by the end of the day.

Old July 31st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnj1 View Post
My 5 year old (may have still been 4 on that day, his BDay was during the cruise) was able to go in his own tube last year. We used VIV and their tubes had bottoms not just an open hole (I think many/most operators have tubes like this now) so it wasn't a problem at all.

Note, we have tall kids so he was 48" at his 5th birthday if that matters. I never saw anyone measure him, but I seem to recall something about that on one of the posted signs.

Old August 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1928 View Post
My 5 year old (may have still been 4 on that day, his BDay was during the cruise) was able to go in his own tube last year. We used VIV and their tubes had bottoms not just an open hole (I think many/most operators have tubes like this now) so it wasn't a problem at all.

Note, we have tall kids so he was 48" at his 5th birthday if that matters. I never saw anyone measure him, but I seem to recall something about that on one of the posted signs.

THanks, this gives me hope. I'm not sure if Bz. has the mesh bottoms....but I will find out very soon. We cruise in 3 days!!!

CARNIVAL!!!
2013 Magic
2012 Magic
2012 Elation
2011 Triumph
2010 Triumph
2009 Conquest
2008 Conquest
2007 Fantasy
2006 Ectasy
2002 Celebration

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

I wore tevas the last 2 times and will probably wear my keens the next time I go.