Ventura - Cabins overlooking stern?

cjc23

Hi

Thinking of going on Ventura and some cabins over the rear of the ship - would you recommend this? I think the view would be great but not sure if it would be noisy or have lots of motion from engines below.

any advice please?

thanks in advance

The stern cabins on the 'Grand' class ships are quite sought-after. Ventura, like her sisters, has a propulsion system based on pods which are mounted beneath the hull. This should result in much less vibration than on conventional-propulsion ships.

We had a stern cabin recently on the Costa Serena (fairly new about the same size as Ventura) and the only problem with noise/vibration was when the thrusters were on for docking/ manoeuvering...we loved the position and being able to sit and watch the wake...it was sheltered and we had a good view both sides which made a change. Another consideration of course is that if it is rough the stern moves up and down more than midships!!!! However we went to the Canaries from Savona and it was very comfortable.

We had an aft cabin on the Emerald Princess which I believe has the same layout as the Ventura. I enjoyed the location - it was noisy but I enjoyed the noise. The other thing to remember is that is a long walk from aft to fwd ! but you get used to it.

Hi

We have had one on Arcadia which was great much bigger cabin and large balcony , but it was a bit noisy even in the calm caibbean seas.However it hasn,t put us off and next week we are on Ventura so will let you know how it goes through the Bay !!!! fingers crossed for calm seas:)

Regards kay

I believe you are in error re Ventura having pods.

The Princess Grand class ships, upon which Ventura is based, have conventional prop/shaft propulsion systems.

You're right and I was mistaken. I think I must have been thinking of Arcadia.

But that being so, that must make the stern cabins rather less desirable than I had imagined. Although of course there are a lot of decks between the propulsion system and the stern cabins, especially the higher cabins.

Archived