Well, it was fun while it lasted...

N7786W Flyer

My wife and I booked a 12 day 'Journeys' cruise for November, 27, 2016 out of Galveston and ending in Port Canaveral. I was really pumped about this one as it hit several Central and South American ports we had not been to.

Unfortunately, I received an email from Carnival this morning informing us that they had canceled the cruise "in order to accommodate her repositioning to Port Canaveral".

It's going to be interesting to see how the refund the money to me...especially since it was entirely paid for with $100 Verizon gift cards...all 27 of them.

Garnett

That stinks! Were they offering you anything for the cancellation? Usually they give a discount on your next cruise, besides refunding your air, if you had any. Wonder why they would cancel an almost sold-out cruise - especially when they had to move the ship anyway.

Sorry about your cruse - its unfortunate when you plan something like this and then they change it on you. I had to cancel a cruise I had used the Verizon gift cards and was issued a Carnival gift card - and they mailed it to me.

Edited by LRY229

That stinks! Were they offering you anything for the cancellation? Usually they give a discount on your next cruise, besides refunding your air, if you had any. Wonder why they would cancel an almost sold-out cruise - especially when they had to move the ship anyway.

Yeah, I was really surprised that they canceled one of the "Journeys" cruises...especially since they rolled them out with such fanfare just a few months ago.

They're offering a $50/person OBC credit to rebook on another cruise. I'll take a look and see what is available around that time of year...who knows, we may end up booking two 7 day BTB cruises.

I am curious about one thing though...even though we never even packed for this cruise and the ship never left port, can I still claim on this forum that this was 'The Cruise from HELL' or that 'Carnival RUINED my cruise?' LOL!

I'm an old guy...I need all the sympathy I can get! :)

Garnett

In all my many cruises,, (KNOCK WOOD) I've never had that happen, although it seems to happen more often lately. So sorry about that.

I used to be the proud owner of N5037W, and your photo makes me wish I still had that airplane. Hope to meet you aboard one of these days! ;)

"SKY"

Yeah, I was really surprised that they canceled one of the "Journeys" cruises...especially since they rolled them out with such fanfare just a few months ago.

They're offering a $50/person OBC credit to rebook on another cruise. I'll take a look and see what is available around that time of year...who knows, we may end up booking two 7 day BTB cruises.

I am curious about one thing though...even though we never even packed for this cruise and the ship never left port, can I still claim on this forum that this was 'The Cruise from HELL' or that 'Carnival RUINED my cruise?' LOL!

Garnett

That stinks. You want some virtual sympathy?:)

I guess I need to change my avatar as in October 2010, I met a guy named Dave Ramsey who told me I didn't need that plane.

Consequently, in June 2011, with GREAT pain in my heart, I sold N7786W (aka "Air Bessie"). I had owned her for 9 years and loved every moment of that relationship....but I had to choose...do I want to retire soon or hold on to a piece of metal.

Subsequent to all of that, my wife and I became debt free in June 2012 and we've never looked back. I miss Bessie....A LOT...but I don't miss the hangar fees, insurance, fuel prices (they were over $6/gallon for 100LL when I sold her), the annual inspections, pieto-static checks, etc, etc. etc. etc.

Garnett

Subsequent to all of that, my wife and I became debt free in June 2012 and we've never looked back. I miss Bessie....A LOT...but I don't miss the hangar fees, insurance, fuel prices (they were over $6/gallon for 100LL when I sold her), the annual inspections, pieto-static checks, etc, etc. etc. etc.

Garnett

HA! The SkyMaster had TWO of those engines to maintain, and feed, so I understand TOTALLY!

I sold all my "toys" when I had a triple bypass, so I just have to cruise a lot instead! ;) Far less stressful, and I can "pay" when I can cruise, instead of when they tell me I have to. LOL

I suggest you find TWO great cruises to make up for the one they screwed up for you. Once again,,,,see you aboard.

"SKY"

I guess I need to change my avatar as in October 2010, I met a guy named Dave Ramsey who told me I didn't need that plane.

Consequently, in June 2011, with GREAT pain in my heart, I sold N7786W (aka "Air Bessie"). I had owned her for 9 years and loved every moment of that relationship....but I had to choose...do I want to retire soon or hold on to a piece of metal.

Garnett

Lol Dave is a mean bugger ain't he. But we paid off our house in 13 years.:D

Garnett

I do not like this at all. We were booked on the Breeze repo from Fl to TX. Now it is also cancelled. Nothing for same number of days, good ports or for the same cost. So Sad.

I do not like this at all. We were booked on the Breeze repo from Fl to TX. Now it is also cancelled. Nothing for same number of days, good ports or for the same cost. So Sad.

Wow two, what is going on, is there a list of repo for the ships, are the Journeys cruises "repo" cruises?

We are on the Dream in Jan 2016 and hope it is good to go?

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Sorry to hear about the cruise. That's a shame. Keep looking, there's always another one to catch. Gotta catch them all. :)

Skymaster... I am familiar with the bypass being a terrible way to be removed from flying. I was "lucky" enough to have a QUAD bypass at 39. I hadn't flown in years but get sad when I realize that a pilot's license is unlikely at best at this point :(

Anyway... smooth seas to all. See you on the water

Garnett

A Dave Ramsey graduate - congratulations. I've facilitated a number of FPU courses at our church. However...I've managed to hang on to N3853G and N76458. Both are family heirlooms that would land me in hot water if I ever parted with them.

Leon

Wow, that does suck. We're booked on a Journeys cruise in February; like someone else said, they just announced these trips - pretty poor planning to be cancelling one already.

It's going to be interesting to see how the refund the money to me...especially since it was entirely paid for with $100 Verizon gift cards...all 27 of them.

That's hilarious. Wonder how they will handle it, unless you book again and they just transfer the funds. But considering how many people on here are all buying the cards in huge amounts, dealing with those cards could just become the new norm. :) I personally just bought 25 to pay off that Feb cruise.

Edited by cruisin*tigger

No one has told me anything yet, but according to John Heald my Valor cruise is cancelled. I also had room 9200. I think I will just keep my 3000 and do something else unless they can get me room 9200 for the same week on another ship. Any other room would just be a disappointment now.

Garnett

I did the Dave Ramey thing a few years ago as well. Debt free too. What a great feeling. It was well worth the sacrifices to get to this point. Congrats. Sorry about the cruise. Hopefully they will treat you well.

A Dave Ramsey graduate - congratulations. I've facilitated a number of FPU courses at our church. However...I've managed to hang on to N3853G and N76458. Both are family heirlooms that would land me in hot water if I ever parted with them.

Leon

Yeah, we went through FPU when it was a 13 week course (I think it is only 9 now). Best $100 investment I ever made. TOTALLY changed our lives.

Happy for you that you were able to hang on to your toys. For me, the airplane was just a financial 'black hole' that had to go. As I said, I loved every minute I had it, but I like being out of debt and cruising more! :)

Subsequent to all of that, my wife and I became debt free in June 2012 and we've never looked back.

Congratulations on being debt free. Now you can take those cruises without having to pay for them for years afterwards. :)

Oh no! Why did they say they cancelled that one. All of these cancellations lately. There was one about a week ago on Paradise (I think.) that was cancelled too. A woman had a thread about it titled something like Carnival ruined her wedding.

What are they doing over there at corporate??? Makes me nervous to even plan a cruise at this rate. Glad we are driving down for our trip in Jan. At least I won't have $4000 tied up in airfare. (Five of us right around NYE from Mpls...the flights are about $800 round trip.)